2 Done Today (after Girlfriends Star)

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by barcode1973, 18 Feb 2011.

1. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Another 2 practice ones done today. I feel I am starting to bore everyone with the silly amount of posts I do (he says seeking reassurance) so I won't post any more piggys unless they are more advanced in some way to previous ones.
    The red flew into the devil this time after swapping machines round (I won't mention that again either!)

Thanks for looking

p.s. anyone got tips on how to get an armband stencil right round top of the arm and make it meet at both ends?

Attached Files:

2. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    colour in the devil looks good and solid! We all need reassurance - that's why we're on here:rolleyes: Keep it up!

3. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    good strong lines and solid coulor looks good to me without the post there would be no point in the forum lucks good:thumbsup:

4. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    I know what your saying about posting things but i'm in the house 23/7 so I churn out quite a few a day. I am starting to up the ante for myself instead of posting the same wobbly linework all the time so hopefully i'll post something intersting soon!

5. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    hey it gives me somthing to look at keep it up they look well

6. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    hey,nice work bar,the colour fill on the devil is spot on mate,eagle looks good to...
    The way i do stencils for an armband is.......firstly wrap a strip of tracing paper around the spot where it's going (about half a sheet,longways) then where the paper starts to overlap,mark it on the paper,that will be the measurement you want,then just draw the design onto the marked piece of tracing paper,and it will be the right size & meet up when applied as a stencil.......if that makes any sense....

7. Pastelman

Pastelman Premium

Glasgow
    Alan
    piggy practice

Hey Barcode, Keep posting I like to read and see what everyone is doing, the comments from the other guys all seem to be positive criticism which is a good thing, daft question from me now I have not yet used piggy only the practice skins, how long does the piggy stay fresh? do you have to chuck it after tattoing ?:clap:

8. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    if you get the piggy skin from Morrisons,it comes in a pack of 3 pieces,just use a piece at a time & freeze the rest.when you have done your tattooing on it,take a photo then bin it.....it will keep in the fridge for a few days tho....hope this helps.

9. toetoe62

toetoe62 Donator Premium

keep posting

Hi Lee, don’t stop the posts all of your posts have been interesting and the more posts the more replies and it can only help to encourage other people to post their work or to ask for help, I think the next tattoo you do should have plenty of shading, I got to the stage to where you are at now but then realised that my tattoos just looked flat and with some shading my tattoos just started to look more professional and it’s very enjoyable, sometimes frustrating because it is not as easy as it looks but what a deferent’s it makes. I have done two armbands and the first one looked great as I put the stencil on but fell a little bit short and I didn’t think if I stretched it out it would look right so what I did is put a simple link both ends and then drew a love art shaped locket to join them, it looked that good to me that on the next band I did I put the same thing into the tattoo on purpose and on both tattoos the customers where very happy. i'v sent these photos to show you how similar my tattooing is to yours when I was at that stage, I have got three tattoos to do next week so when they are done i'll take photos and post them to show you how much better my tattoos look with just a bit of shading.

Regards
    Tony
    tat 1.jpg tat 2.jpg

10. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    Has any body tried to put ink into a piggy and nothing goes in in places was that about?

11. Pastelman

Pastelman Premium

Glasgow
    Alan
    Piggy

Thanks will have a go with piggy
    Alan

12. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Thanks for encouragement people and Tony you are 100% spot on in what you are saying, my tattoos are all very 2 dimensional and I am definitely more a tattooist than a tattoo artist.

I have no art skills as such really, I can copy things but my shading / light source perception etc is lacking. I am currently reading a lot on pencil drawing / painting and trying to learn.

I have reached a stage where I am kinda happy with my line work / colouring but I really need to sort shading out to add depth etc.

I just did a batman and filled it with a 7mag which I have never done before but its just speeding my blocking in and I see it as a sideways step. I shall post it in a moment.

If anyone has any good sources of info for shading / grey techinque / art stuff that would be helpful I would apprecaite it.

I did get my kit in January so I suppose I should be happy really but I am putting in 5+ hrs some days and inbetween im drawing I just feel I should be better already.

Thanks again and i'll keep posting

13. Keep posting Lee, I just wish I had the time to practice, people keep asking me for a tattoo but I don't think I'm ready to operate on a human just yet, I haven't even tried shading yet. Your piggy practices look the bees knees mate. keep it up :thumbsup:

14. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    How about you set yourself up a still life?

Put a collection of bits in the middle of your table, a bottle, piece of fruit, plant things like that and just keep drawing them.

Look for the darkest areas and shade heavily and the light areas use a 'putty rubber' (about 50p from local art shop). If you half close your eyes when looking at things it picks out lightest and darkest areas.

May sound really boring but honestly, you will feel so good when your drawing skills start to improve. This should help you in the long term with your tattooing. If you are interested, I'll take some pics of work in my old portfolios to show some of my drawings. May help to show what I mean?

15. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    If you could take some pics and give e a bit of help it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks