4 Practices I Did Today

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by barcode1973, 17 Feb 2011.

1. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    I fancy a nice 1970s hand swallow tat so had a practice and a few other I did today. Either I cant colour, my shaders pooh or my free kit inks are grim but i did that heart 3 times and it still looked rubbish.
    I cocked the skeletons nose up which was a bit annoying but i was tyring to do it quick. Enough excuses here they are.

I'm finding thinkgs look filled in but when I scrub them (and I mean SCRUB) them the colours aren't really there?

Attached Files:

2. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    There look good I like the scull I find it hard to pack the coulor in don't put them down they look good practice makes perfect

3. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hey,
    yes you did say practice and that's what it's about - learn from our mistakes. I like the little guitar - bit of a challenge?

4. akka

akka Premium

uk
    Ben
    hi looking at the linework it looks like the speed you move your hand at isent constant , try drawing a serise of lines (strait curved etc) first draw them on paper with just a pencil trying to keep the speed the same then do the same with your machine clamped to the pencil and youll see its harder because of the balence/weight once you get used to that try the same thing on your piggy
    this helped me massively i still have an cheap machine i picked up attached to a pencil for when im drawing
    dont put your work down noone will ever get eny better without practice
    love the design on the skull and the guitar (i have my guitar tattooed on myself)

5. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    im loving the penny! looks so realistic ;)

6. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    lol its a 2p so I cocked that up

7. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    They all look fine bar,sounds like you need to slow down a bit mate,i do the same sometimes,just want to get it done,end up rushing & it ends up s***t...the colour always comes out when you scrub piggy,I've ruined a few doing that grrrrrrrrr really annoying.........If you want some nice 70's swallows,i have a sheet of them "doc price" ones...

8. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    I think that's off that sheet Mark? got Doc Price 78 on the bottom? I kinda made the blue/green up (nothing like his one) is that the same one?

These were also done before I realised my shader was my liner and vice versa so doing some more today hopefully will look a bit better with colour going in easier?

9. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    yeah,that's the same sheet mate.......and yep it helps a lot putting colour in with a shader,easy mistake tho mate.......what voltage do you run your machines at ??

10. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    The liner goes between 6.5 - 7.5 and the shaders about a volt more. Its a very cheap power pack and does seem to fluctuate?