Another Try on Synthetic Skin

Discussion in 'Art School' started by Pastelman, 22 Mar 2011.

1. Pastelman

Pastelman Premium

Glasgow
    Alan
    Hi Folks this is my latest effort, I bought a new power supply I can now see what i am doing and make adjustments when tattooing,also in the process of setting up an area where I can tattoo without making a mess and having the missus going nuts haha. i need to try another machine for the shading as the one i have does not run too clever as above I will try tweaking it to get it to run a bit better, my main criticism of the butterfly is my color management and how I completed it going over the black outlines at the end darkened everything when I tried to clean it off.
    Anyway any other comments / advice are welcome. tattoo practice 002.jpg

2. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    The colour management was one of my main problems,but i seem to have overcome it by first a good coat of vase'then i have my liner running at about 6.8 with a 7rl i have the needle sitting slightly out of the tube to see where it runs'after every line i then give it a good dab with a dry paper towel then rub more vase into it and wipe clean.I have my shader running at about 8.6 with a 7 mag I have seen an improvement in my work using this method even tho i am using cheap machines from a starter kit they are both running well.I even had to solder the connection on the liner a while ago when i stripped the machine to practice reassembling it it broke!but it actually is running better now hope this helps mate :thumbsup:

3. Pastelman

Pastelman Premium

Glasgow
    Alan
    Thanks Jim I will try this next time, I liked the Tattoo you did of the old cigarrette packet.
    Cheers Alan

4. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hi Alan,
    Think we all agree the synth. Skin is not the easiest thing to keep clean but still a nice little tat there - well done! Some nice line work and although the colours are dark, it's still pretty :thumbsup:

5. malagaspike

malagaspike Premium

Malaga Spain
    Nigel
    Hi everyone, I know in the maual it says colour from dark to light but ive also seen videos saying colour light first and then go to darker colours. I'm sure everyone has preferences like everything else but now confused

6. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark

Hi,
    When putting the colours in,you should work dark to light......if you put say yellow in,then do a blue near it & wipe the blue over the yellow area,the blue ink will seep into the needle holes you have just put in for the yellow,(if that makes sense).
    But with shading, or black & Grey,you can put the lighter shade in first,if you want,because with tattooing you can shade dark into light,but not vice-versa(if that makes sense) :confused: