Barbed Heart

Discussion in 'Tattoos I've Done' started by barcode1973, 16 Feb 2011.

1. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Did this on nephews arm last night. I know its a bit dodgy in parts plus he insisted on me colouring it in with "free with kit red" Instead of waiting till I got a good one.

Will I be able to go over the red with a better/deeper one?
    7RS and 9RS

Thanks for feedback

Attached Files:

2. akka

akka Premium

uk
    Ben
    color looks good and solid there mate but going over it with a better / deeper red shuldnt be a problem once its healed
    try not to go for too dark a red when you do though as it might come out a lil darker with ther allready being red underneath
    allso have you thought of adding some white in the areas that whuld be in light to highlight the design?

3. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    hey bar,looks ok mate,some of the line work is a little wobbly.....remember to breathe....lol, good colour fill...:thumbsup:

4. toetoe62

toetoe62 Donator Premium

good effort

I think it's a real good effort for somebody just starting out, it reminds me of my first tattoos, it needs lifting with things like akka pointed out or maybe a bit of shading on the art, also it is not recommended to attempt long lines when you are at an early stage and try to pick designs with shorter lines, but this tattoo shows that you are not short of confidence.

regards
    Tony

5. Bloody good that Lee:clap:

6. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    I agree with the others - a great early tatt:clap:

7. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Thanks for the feeback everyone. The barbed wire has some bits missing/wrong but due to the randomness of curly barbed wire I kinda got away with it more than I would of on another wrappy roundy thingy. The heart outline was going well but for one blip (oops).

He was moaning the filling in was hurting more than the outline? I wasn't going deep or fast just slow steady little cirles, would I be better switching to mags? i'm scared of hurtin someone but everyone else seems to use them and after wathing that dean deak dvd they seem so much more versatile.

I did leave a little "shine" on the corner blank (not just missed a bit) and was thinking of adding shadow to the wire or heart when its healed and he comes back for touch up.

Thanks again.

8. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    hey lee, with mags you get a better fill,quicker as well,so not as much pain for the client,have a good practice on piggy first to see how you get on with them. Good thing with mags is that you can work sideways with them,unlike flats that will cut the skin.;)

9. united-munitions

united-munitions Regular Member

Scotland
    kevin
    :thumbsup: nice design, really like the barbed wire