Batman on Mates Leg

Discussion in 'Tattoos I've Done' started by barcode1973, 20 Feb 2011.

1. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Did this this morning, took about 3 hours he was very happy. Getting a bit too many volunteers now for tattoos and there getting more complicated.

Did the mask about an hour ago (another 3 hours nearly) It looked really good and the lines were all strong then after a proper scrub to get rid of the very annoying lines all through it it looked all patchy. Started to do it all again and had same problem with the lines so cleaned it took pic and binned it! Some peices of pig really are worse than others dont you think?

Attached Files:

2. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    batmans looking very good indeed should be proud of that, as for piogskin i have to agree, theres always tough spots where ink doesn;t take to but also the needles bonce around in these areas causing the needles to wobble and give a naff line, which is very disheartening!

3. Sonic

Sonic Premium

UK
    aarrgghhh
    Batman looks great. What liner did you use, cos them lines are thick man.

4. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    nice work again lee.....take all the work you feel comfy with mate.:clap:

5. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    I used a 7rl but I went over each line twice to get them that bit thick (and hide some wobbles)

I feel I really need to start doing some shadong on skin. I've tried makin some washes but there like p**s and I couldn't find glycerine in tescos ill have a mooch round. Im considering buying a wash set?
    Maybe its the pig skin? After you've done a few on real skin pig skin looks so dull and the lines through it are a plum ache.

The batman would look well better filled in grey with a bit of darker shading round the muscles. I've promised him ill fill it when it heals. I''ll work on my shading till then.

I think my linework is ok when I take my time and position myself properly and I can tattoo for 6-8 hrs solid without aching or boredom so as long as people are volunteering I'm up for anything?

Seems I do a pig skin and stick it in my facebook folder and withing minutes people are messaging saying they'll have it. It's mad?? Might start some minimal charging as my supplies are slowly dwindling.

6. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    id deffinately start charging, even if its just £5, covers your supplies. you can put that straight into a pot and buy supplies as and when you need it then treat yourself to a new machine when you have enough etc you'll soon be able to charge £10 £15 £20 etc as you get better and what not, i personally wont charge much untill im confident the work im doing is worth it if you know what i mean dont wanna say £50 if the work looks like a school dinner :cheesy:
    as for the premixed ink, i havn't bought any myself but after doing alot of digging around reading forums etc alot of people swear by this stuff

http://www.holysmoketattooink.com/order.html

its from usa but im sure they will ship to the U.K

7. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    hey lee,
    what black ink do you use mate...if its got a weak pigment content just add more black,1 drip at a time.....I use "ONE" black ink from new image tattoo supplies,its a pure pigment so its very strong,brilliant for mixing washes.

8. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    I use Talens black ink after doing lots of research that seemed to be the one? I got it off a reputable supplier with 100% positive feedback on the ink. I am just about to order some colours now and am considering a greywash kit? I'm just not happy with the home made grey wash

9. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    have you tried it on human skin tho? might have different results compared to pig skin, might be an idea to practice shading on a friend if they want an all black tattoo doing, give yo some practice and you can go over it and fill in the solid black a couple of months later :cool:

10. Daz

Daz Premium

Worcestershire
    Darren
    Batman is very good mate