Beware Computor Virus

Discussion in 'Non Tattoo Lounge' started by Patrick, 4 Mar 2011.

1. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    :angry:Hi Everyone

On tues evening my son downloaded some music from itunes, after he finished a message appeared saying that a serious virus/spyware had been detected and that by clicking on this message would mend it. Unfortunately the message is disguised as though it is from your own anti virus programme in my case AVG. When you click on it you get locked out of all your programmes apart from the internet. You are then asked to enter your debit/credit card details to get this upgrade which will then make everything ok. If you enter your credit card details you will not get rid of the problem, it's just a scam to get your cc details and then fleece you. I luckily didn't give my details but had to take my comp to shop to get it sorted. It cost me £40 and was without comp for 2 days. Please be aware of this as it was even mentioned on the news Weds evening. My local shop had 15 comp taken to them on tuesday with the same problem, and I was their 5th on Weds mornong.

2. Daz

Daz Premium

Worcestershire
    Darren
    Hi Patrick, this virus appeared on one of our PC's at work and again cost us around £40-£50 to get rid of it.

if it’s the same one a box will appear saying something like "you have a serious virus do you wish to use anti-virus to remove this and search your pc for harmful viruses" if you click the NO button of the little red box with the cross in it to shut that window down it WILL download a virus.

If you get this message we have been told to turn off your PC by pressing the power off button immediately this will stop the virus being downloaded.

This does work as the we have had the message several times.

Hope it helps in future.