Captain America and Predator

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by barcode1973, 29 Jan 2011.

1. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Right these final 2 make it 10 hours practicing today 2 really bad bits of skin though those string marks or whatever they are really f**k you up.

Attached Files:

2. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Hi Lee

Yeh for sure your getting better each time. Your lines are more even and crisp and pretty good colour fill on the black. I see your stencil didn't clean off, so you are obviously getting to grips with that as well. If you can get some unmarked pig skin you will get a much better result, because the ink wipes off a hell of a lot better than on the stuff from Morrisons. Most buthcher shops will sell you or even give you pig skin so give it a try. Morrisons is ok if there is nothing else available, but you wont want to use it once you've tried butcher shop stuff. Just keep doing what your doing and it wont be long before you tattoo real skin, then you wont want to tattoo pigskin at all because real skin is definately the best. Pig skin is hard to stretch so it's hard to get solid colour to go in easy. If you stretch and nail a skin to a piece of board and practice solid colouring you will find the colour goes in a bit better. Look at the video on the forum about setting up your machine for colouring and keep practicing.
    Well Done!
    :)

3. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    aye they are looking better than before, do you feel ready to tackle the star again?

4. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    hi i've got a bit of constructive critism,,,, i noticed some of your lines cross or end a lil to far than i think they should be (i might b wrong lol) i was doing the same wen i 1st started :( i corrected this from a air brushing begginers tip ;)
    if you take a or print a page full of dots spaced 1cm or 2cm apart, then stencil these dots onto some "piggy" then tattoo these "dots" on, then connect the dots with nice straight lines ;) that start and finnish on the dots
    i used a 9rl for all the "dots" then a 5rl for the "lines"
    hope this helps it helped me correct this problem i was having :cool: :thumbsup:

5. Very good Lee, every time I go to practice something crops up, I got my skin from a local butcher yesterday(a friend of mine and free), I must pull my finger out and find time. :thumbsup:

6. Tattooz

Tattooz Donator Premium

Male
    Sheffield
    Dave
    Looking at the star you posted the other day, then what you have shown here today, just proves what practice does. 100% better.

7. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Pig Skin

Lee
    I have uploaded some photos to my album, have a look and you will see the difference in using smooth skin rather than the stuff with slits in it. The elephant is a piece without slits even though it came from Morrisons. I just happened to get lucky.

Patrick

8. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    If you mean on the predator the lines crossing on the skull frame are intentional as are the random seeming lines on the dreadlocks? Apart from them any line crossing is not meant to be (can't spell unintentional)

I shall try your dot to dotting thanks for bein honest