Distilled Water.

Discussion in 'Anything Else (Tattoo Related)' started by skinpix, 25 Jan 2011.

1. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Hi all, can anyone tell me where i can buy distilled water ??:confused:

2. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    halfords, 99% sure they sell it as its used to top up the water in some car batteries.

possibly boots? i think they sell witch hazel too.

3. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark

thanks mate,will pop in tomorrow :thumbsup:.

4. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    just popped to my local halfords and its de-ionised water they sell which isnt the same thing :rolleyes:

5. Tattooz

Tattooz Donator Premium

Male
    Sheffield
    Dave
    I'm sure boiled water is the same thing. Just boil it, let it cool and there you go.
    All impurities should be gone.

6. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    all the impurities will be left in the boiled water pan still tho, its the evaporated water that you need, it condensates and is collected in a clean container :cool:

7. Tattooz

Tattooz Donator Premium

Male
    Sheffield
    Dave
    Whats it for anyway? Mixing or something. I think this is another one of the tattoo people pussy footing about with stuff, making out that those who are new to tattooing are somehow doing it wrong by using tap water, while all the time secretly that is exactly what they use!

If you can wash any wound with tap water, or drink it, its not that harmful is it.
    If you asked a so called pro tattooist if he wanted to buy some distilled water, what do you think he would say? Ey, that could be the next game..... In a few words, what would the tattooist say under his breath whilst handing over the money. :)

distilled water by the way can be bought at Biostain in Manchester off the shelf. I think they have got an ebay shop.

8. wdhtrim

wdhtrim Premium

No tap water

Tap water contains chlorine (bleach) and thats why you dont want to use it distilled water is pure h2o

9. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    distilled water

for mixing wich hazle ethel alcohol an boiled water will work :rolleyes: Ed