Dragon - Practice No. 3!

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by WilD, 21 Feb 2011.

1. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Not sure if getting better or worse! Anyhow this is today's result Dragon = piggy No. 3.jpg

2. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    nice job Dawn,like it.....when you put your colour in,do you do small circles ??
    on some of the colour work,it looks like you are working in straight lines,or were you trying to flick shade ??:clap:

3. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    sounds like am making excuses but the skin was so tough! Most of the time the needles were bouncing off the surface. Kind of using random movements!!!

4. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Are the needles you are using good quality, or from the kit ?? i found the kit needles tend to be pretty crap.....and are you stretching the piggy enough ?? If there is not enough stretch,the needles will just bounce off.

5. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    yea, the needles are just from the kit. Tbh I thought I'd just use them for practice anyway, but the skin was tough in places and wouldn't stretch at all and then really stretchy in others! Because it's just the skin - without much fat in places and no meat under it, it's a bit uneven to say the least. Can't wait to do some on real skin!

6. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark

7. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    I agree there is a mayor difference between pig and real skin just make sure your depth is right and you will be away

8. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    I like the dragon by the way well done

9. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    looking damn good to me, how long did it take? i dont think i have the patience to sit for hours doing one thing i get bored far too easily! :eek:

10. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Looks pretty good to me. I can't seem to hold my interest on big pieces like that now on pig skin and since i've done a few on real skin I seem to find the pig skin seems loads worse than it used to be. I have been soaking frozen pig skin in hot water though to defrost it so that could be my problem? I found the new needles I bought were a lot better than the ones I got in my kit as was the black ink.

You need to convince someone to let you have a go on them the difference really is amazing (after the first initial shaky lines)

11. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    I've had a bit of trouble finding a good bit of skin to work on from the latest lot i got.The slits in it seem to be very bad and when i stretched it they just got wider and sucke pictures 038.jpg d in all the ink making a mess'i've tried not stretching so much but then the lines just wash out, have went back to mutilating fruit in the mean time:thumbsup: pictures 036.jpg

12. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    cheers guys!

It took an afternoon by the time I set my machines up and traced the stencil - tatt itself took prob couple of hours. I lost a bit of the stencil in the middle of the head so had to improvise!

13. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Looks good Dawn 'the skin you used looks to be nice and smooth with no cuts on it i only seem to get an odd bit thats in good nick and easy to work on:(