Foot Tattoos

Discussion in 'General Chat & Advice' started by malagaspike, 21 Mar 2011.

1. malagaspike

malagaspike Premium

Malaga Spain
    Nigel
    Hi everybody :thumbsup:, first of all what a great site this is and nice to ask questions and not get abused by experts who dont like newbies Anyway i havent done one yet but i was wondering what sugestions for tattooing the top of a foot or simular delicate areas , where the skin is thin.

2. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Just watch your depth,you should work between 1 & 2mm,no deeper or the lines will blow out,also because the skin is soft,be careful not to overwork it when shading & colouring....anything else you need to know,just ask :thumbsup:

3. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    hi dude tbh if you have no exp yet on real skin id maybe consider stating else were its not easy tattooing a foot maybe your thigh or somthing maybe better choice :thumbsup:

4. malagaspike

malagaspike Premium

Malaga Spain
    Nigel
    dont worry not going to do one i just wondered as this area must be very tender

5. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    yep,stings a bit,lol

6. Morpheus59

Morpheus59 Tattoo Enthusiast Premium

I've done about a half dozen foot tats now, and I know that it is very tender . It is arguably one of the most painful of the typical tattoo spots on the body, along with the side of the ribcage. The skin is thin and doesn't seem to slough skin cells like other areas of the body so you barely have to penetrate the skin. On the other hand, I find it easy to do and i enjoy tattooing feet, heh.