Hello from wet oxfordshire, + course advice please.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sarah1274, 8 Jul 2009.

1. sarah1274

sarah1274 Premium

Oxfordshire
    Sarah
    Just dropping in to say hi, I have just signed up to the forum as I have been looking at tattoo courses to point me in the right direction. I have come across this one and was wondering if anyone who has got it would recommend it for a novice.

I have many Tattoos myself and am artistic, and am putting together a portfolio of my art work, now I just need to start practising the real thing.
    Also I am sure this has proberbly been covered but are the starter kits you see on the likes of Ebay any good to practise with.

Many Thanks

Sarah

2. The tattoo course yes download it also i downloaded the tunning the machine thats also good.The machines on ebay are ok my brother has just got one £140 advance kit the machines are a bit better than the novice ones,but the novice ones are great for practice on pigg skin.Unlike me i bought separate machine pp ect...The machine is just has good has what you make it tunning and setting and the feel, by the feel i mean size of grips long short wide or thin what suits you. If you order needles ect if your just learning i would say 7rl or 9rls to start colour and shading 8rs and upwards get used to them i prefere mags though.ANYWAY yes download the course it will help alot anything else and i can help give me a shout no props....sarah.

3. sarah1274

sarah1274 Premium

Oxfordshire
    Sarah
    Thanks for your advice its very much appreciated I will be ordeing the course tonight and looking forward to getting stuck in (so to speak!)

Cheers
    :thumbup:

4. DavidE

DavidE Premium

I second that!

Buy it, its great. You will also get great help around here. :thumbup1:

5. inked69er

inked69er Premium

yes

yep me 2 it helps alot when ur starting out

6. dslcabrio

dslcabrio Premium

Tattooing Course progress

Hi Sarah

I just wondered how you were getting on with learning to tattoo, is it really very difficult?, cheers David

7. sarah1274

sarah1274 Premium

Oxfordshire
    Sarah
    Hi finally logged back in and in response to the question about the course, yes it's great really informative and practical.

After many practice sessions on pig skins, grapefruits and fake skin tonight I finally attacked my husband with the neadle!!
    Well it was no work of art but not a complete fail either!
    I had one or two issues when I stared on his, but a short pause, a flash back to the course and a quick look up for reference ment I was able to correct the problem and carry on.
    He ended up with a passable tattoo on his top thigh, and I discovered so much about using the gun from this one tattoo.

However back to the question, I would not have done this wth out the course as soo much imformation is provided. Don't worry I am not about to go out and ink everyone, but I am keeping a diary of my progress in which i write down all I discover and what I use and what works and what doesn't.

So yes for starting out and for grasping the basic knowledge you need I would highly recommend the course.

Happy Inkng!!!

8. dslcabrio

dslcabrio Premium

Would be Tattooist

Hi Sarah

It's great that you are progressing and what I want is to get to the stage where my wife and I can tattoo each other. Like you we both have tattoos already but want lots more but cannot afford studio prices. We are only up in Northants so not too far from Oxon, any chance that we could maybe get together and learn from each other, We would also be willing to 'model' for you so that you have more skin to learn on

Cheers

David