Help is it against the law to tattoo my self

Discussion in 'General Chat & Advice' started by Fubardarren, 26 Jun 2010.

1. Fubardarren

Fubardarren Premium

hi there i have recently started tattooing after spending hundreds on tattoos by other people i did a tattoo on my lower leg that so far is going well but have been told today buy a pro tattoo artist its against the law and if he sees i have done any more he will report me i just wondered could he really do this as i am only tattooing me and have no intention at this time of tattooing any thing other than me and some pig skins
    thank you all
    darren :(

2. Koi

Koi Premium

Bristol
    Sharron
    The answer is YES, it is against the law to tattoo ANYONE without being licenced yourself, and also the premises in which you tattoo must also be registered.

BUT,
    Tell the PRO tattoo artist to F**k off, and ask him where he started, because im sure it wasnt as hygienic as things are today. You have definately come to the right place here, as this is exactly the reaction from so called PROS that we are all sick of elsewhere.

Hes not jealous by any chance that the tatts you did are better than his, and you may open a shop near him????? :rolleyes:

3. Fubardarren

Fubardarren Premium

hi there this has been mentioned to me i just cant believe it can really be against the law to tattoo your self thats just madness it my skin at the end of the day . i Have done every things safely used all disposable needs and grips etc bought good quality inks just seems ridicules .
    Thank you for your anwser most fourms wouldnt even read my post thank you :)

4. Koi

Koi Premium

Bristol
    Sharron
    Just because its against the law, doesn't mean we dont all do things. Your in your house at the end of the day, so its up to you who comes in.

You wouldnt let just anyone in your bedroom would you??

5. Fubardarren

Fubardarren Premium

true thank you for your advise when i have done some more i will post pics of it for you all , see what you all think
    thank you
    :)