Help with Cleaning Chemicals Used After Tattoing

Discussion in 'Infection Control, Sterilization & Aftercare' started by Reaper G, 4 Mar 2011.

1. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    hey all can anyone shed any light on the chemicals for sterelizing work place i.e floor and station i have some chemicals they cleen down the surgens tables after ops it works really well but its no very healthy for my eyes and lungs can anyone help i keep everything coverd in barrier film and i am very anal before and after a tattoo it takes me more time cleaning than tattoing sometimes hope you can help thanks as always paul:thumbsup:

2. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Hi paul,
    prior to doing a tat,i clean the floor with normal disinfectant........I have a stainless steel 3 tier trolley,that i work from,this gets cleaned down with the green soap mixture first,then wiped over with a dettol wipe,when setting up the trolley,the top shelf is covered with a sheet of foil,which gets the same treatment,when finished everything gets rolled up in the foil & binned,i also clean the seats same way & also the massage table if used,(all of my seating has been re-upholstered in black vinyl,so it can be cleaned) i also use couch roll.The most important thing is to have clean hands & gloves for everything,i ware gloves to set up,then clean gloves for tattooing....i use hand gel in between glove changes...DO NOT USE POWDERED GLOVES.......I also cover the front of the power supply with cling film & use clip cord covers.

3. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    contamination

hi mark thanks for your reply i read some were about needing certain chemicals to kill of blood born pathagines in the manual mentions a bleach dilution for the floors but says use relevent disinfectant for the surfaces the stuff im using smells terible its packed full of chlorine its a tablet and you dilute it down in water as i say im anal when it comes to cleanliness im confident im doing everything i can but would like to be certan on the right disinfectants:)

4. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    infection control

i have been looking into it on the net and have found a company you can buy from its called www.boundtree.co.uk take a look in the infection control section i have orded some disingfectant fliud and spray that is proven to kill all nasties i.e hep ,hiv meningitus all that palarva its not expensive niether i got a 5l tube a 500ml spray bottle and a large sharpz bin for £26 deliverd i am happy with that i no now i have the right chemicals hope you find this yousfull:thumbsup:

5. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Nice one mate,cheers for that,will have a look.:thumbsup:

6. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Thanks Reaper,

Some useful info here - tbh the blood borne pathogens are the major thing that stopped me wanting to tattoo for years! Now with disposable equipment and good hygiene control it's a lot safer. These days you have to protect yourself - health wise and legally! I am thinking of registering myself eventually and got some info. It's approximately £300 for the business and £65 for personal registration. The department of health come out and check you and your work environment over and offer help and advice. There are no formal qualifications for tattooing - and it's less of a risk than piercing. I'll keep you updated if I decide/ when I decide to do it. I am sure a lot of it is just good common sense - especially when you look at some food businesses- it's easier to kill someone with food than a bad tattoo!

7. gaz666

gaz666 Regular Member

sunderland
    gary
    Www.virusafe.co.uk. sells medical cleaning product, I got virusolve - wipes and spray, kills everything but is non hazardous