Hi Guy's

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Titan-Ink, 18 Mar 2011.

1. Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink Titan-Ink Premium

Wales
    Steve Morris
    Hello all,

I'm Steve, I live in Mid Wales, Been getting inked for years and slowly watching the artist's methods, and piecing together a little bit of knowledge. Just got myself the Ultimate Tattoo Bible and this sites Tattoo guide, so i have got some reading to do! I have tattoo'd before under the watchful eye of an artist, but that was over ten years ago now, so i am eager to get learning again.

I really like this sites approach to newbies, Everyone was a virgin at something at some point, so its nice not to get slagged off!!

Kepp up the good work, and i am looking forward to reading some of the topics here

Regards

Steve

2. Daz

Daz Premium

Worcestershire
    Darren
    Hi mate and welcome :thumbsup:

3. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    welcome aboard steve :thumbsup: (fellow welshman) the bible on here is very usefull and along with the freindly commuinity here is a HUUUUGE help :clap: dont be afraid to say hello on the chat and ask any questions you may have :cool:

4. Titan-Ink

Wales
    Steve Morris
    Thanks very much, nice to see another Welshman here ;) where you from mate?

5. mxtattoo

mxtattoo Premium

cheshire
    Rob
    Welcome

Hi Steve welcome onboard don't worry about what you think are stupid questions i have probably asked more than you could ever think of. and all good info on here everyone is realy friendly and helpful if they can help they will. see you around have fun. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    lol the diff mate :eek:

7. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hi Steve,

Always good to see another new member on the forum - look forward to reading your messages. Welcome!

8. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Welcome Steve.:thumbsup:

9. Titan-Ink

Wales
    Steve Morris
    Thanks for the positive comments, I have ordered some skins recommended by barcode 1973, i have just gone and bought some dettol and vaseline, so as i have never used skins before could you point out the best way to get a carbon stencil onto them please? **Just read the comment SkinPix left** got the idea now thanks mate
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

10. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    hi mate :cool: stencil advice ,,,,, here goes lol
    1. shave the area beeing tattooed (always try leave about inch or 2 oround he edges to ;) i just use neat detol to shave with
    2. make sure area is clear of all hair
    3 apply neat dettol to the area again (i jus have an old ink bottle with dettol in)
    4, let it "dry" a bit jjust b4 it drys it goes very sticky, just touch it lightly with your gloves on an your gloves will sorta "stick" - nows the time to stick your stencil down on the skin,(make sure you get dettol right to the eges of the stencil
    5 leave it stand for 5 mins to dry compltely
    6 if u right handed start bottom right of the design apply small bit of vasiline to the area u start. try to work sorta outside into the midle and wipe the exess ink "away" from the design work right to left if right handed vice versa if u lefty :thumbsup:

11. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    but ibv skip the shave bit if you useing the rubber practice skins lol

12. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    just a last point also incase u didnt know,,, regular carbon copy paper wont work we use a diff kind of copy paper if you will in tattooing the stencils are made useing hectograph paper its specific to the purpose ;) and from wah im aware can only be purchased from a tattoo supplys or ebay and think around 6 squids for 10 sheets i think and can put u onto some lil hinter using that stuff to :thumbsup: