How do I get a lighter Transfer image

Discussion in 'Designs & Stencils' started by spider-64, 23 May 2010.

1. spider-64

spider-64 Premium

corby
    spider
    Can anyone tell me how I get a lighter transfer image as when i apply the transfer onto pig skin the image comes out really dark and the lines are quite thick as i use a pencil to trace it, so when i come to do the outline its lost as the line is thiner than the transfer line. I have tried scrubing it to no avail as all i end up doing is smudging everything blue, roughing up the skin and washing the ink out i've already put in.

I'm getting very frustrated with it as it spoils my work.

Please help

Thanks

Spider

2. Sonic

Sonic Premium

UK
    aarrgghhh
    Pig skin is bad shit for stencils!!

Try to not leave it on so long, or even, dont press the stencil/tracing on quite so hard.

I bought some stuff from Supertatz, who is a member on here. It wipes the stencil off of the pig skin, without taking your ink out. Its called stubborn ink remover.
    Look at her website, its definately on there.
    http://www.supertatz.co.uk , although, i bought it from her Ebay page.

Hope this helps.

3. spider-64

spider-64 Premium

corby
    spider
    Thanks for that sonic I will check it out. :)

4. spider-64

spider-64 Premium

corby
    spider
    Ordered some today :)

5. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Hi everyone maybe some of you do this already but i have just discovered it:eek:a handy way of printing a stencil using the thermal spirit sheets'Put the sheet into an ordinary printer sealed end first with the yellow sheet positioned for printing on.You will be able to print a design direct from your pc or copy direct from the printer'it means you can trace straight over the design on the yellow sheet to get your stencil.Just make sure the end is smooth when you insert it in case it jams :thumbsup:

6. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    If it's just a small stencil - I find this works ideal for pig or synthetics or 'real' skin... I just put my sheet of ordinary A4 paper - with printed design on it and lie over the spirit carbon (with right side of carbon facing up) and draw over the printed lines with a biro pen. You don't have to worry about the layers underneath moving - cos there aren't any! and if you use say a red biro - you don't miss any lines.

Tear around the design and just use the printed paper design instead of the flimsy 'tracing' sheet, and place it straight onto the pig/skin/whatever - it's so much easier and it gives a good stencil outline without all the pfaff of different layers and having to draw it twice! It goes straight onto the 'skin' in the correct layout (no mirror image). :thumbsup:

It works great for me!

7. akka

akka Premium

uk
    Ben
    good tip dawn i read someware that the same thing is good for doing realism work coz ur not redrawing the image atall while stenciling i think its in joshua carltons guide to realism