Ink - Your Preference

Discussion in 'Ink Related' started by Scooter, 14 Jul 2010.

1. Scooter

Scooter Regular Member

Basingstoke
    James
    Hi,
    Which ink brands do you all use?

I have been looking around at the 30ml sample sets of moms and intenze. I really want to buy a full set, but has anyone got any suggestions.

Awaiting your replies. :rolleyes:

2. Micknoble

Micknoble Premium

mick
  3. iamjaykane

iamjaykane Regular Member

Stockport UK
    Jay Kane
    MOM's has a really good reputation.

4. Davey

Davey The boss Founder/Admin

UK
    Davey
    We used to use moms, but it is way too thick, and as time goes on it gets thicker and thicker.

We now use talens for ALL black, and Skin Candy for all colours.

This is our preference, and it works for us. :)

5. fahey1981

fahey1981 Premium

n ire
    shea thomas
    talens is by far the best black on the market. i have used other brands, and seen work done by other artists and talens def has the best staying power. kuri sumo also good bought big difference in the price. as for colors skin candy pretty good. a lot of good inks out there, i find it best to go to proper tattoo suppliers. usually have best quality ink. ebay has a lot of cheap ink but most of it is not worth the money. theold adage is true. you get what you pay for

6. iamjaykane

Stockport UK
    Jay Kane
    So you wouldn't recommend MOM's?

I have seen Scream and Intenze are they any good?

For colour I mean not black lining.

7. Davey

Davey The boss Founder/Admin

UK
    Davey
    I wouldn't say i dont recommend moms, because i still use quite a bit of it, but any new purchases, or when i run out of moms i replace with skin candy.

8. iamjaykane

Stockport UK
    Jay Kane
    Cool cheers for that!

9. wooding

wooding Premium

dagenham
    brett
    cinks

hi , i like using Scream2 and Intenze inks for me personly , some one asked me the other day about the new uv ink has anyone used them ?

10. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee

Yeah I've seen them and they look pretty good in the shots (especially the skeleton hand) Hmm things that glow in the dark injected into your skin though????

11. Xaphaniel

Xaphaniel Premium

Inverclyde
    Robb
    I use Kuro sumi and Iron butterfly for colour and Kukki sumi for black mind you dont think i spelled that right lol

used scream when i started out but found it dulled down allot and a few folks took reaction to it just put me off it a bit just a tad lol

have found the Kuro sumi dosent seem to give a huge scab went back into finnish a bit more of my wifes tattoo using it and its been 4 days and no heavy scab more so were the iron butterlfy went in