Just Purchased All These Bits! Have I Wasted My Money?

Discussion in 'Anything Else (Tattoo Related)' started by barcode1973, 11 Mar 2011.

1. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    I saw this on ebay yesterday, I looked around for the prices of spare bits before as don't want to break down and not be able to fix stuff and also wanted to practice rebuildin but my top cheap liner wouldn't come undone and the allen keys have dissolved!
    Aaaanyway I digest (I know. stand down English teachers)

It comprised of (and I quote)

springs
    bolts
    4 tattoo machine frames
    4 sets of coils
    contact screws
    A bars
    washers
    insilation washers
    binding posts

It cost me £35 with postage which I thought was a bargain? Whatha fink chums?

When my new power pack arrives (Thanks MrSpoon) I will have replaced my ebay kit completley!

heres some pics which might help your decision

Attached Files:

2. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Hi lee,
    hows things mate......the frames look Chinese,so i presume the coils are from the same place.....the thing you have to watch with Chinese coils,is that it might say 10 wrap,but if you unwind them,they will only have 6-8 wraps...the frames are never strait,coz they are pressed out of a single piece of matal & not machined properly...all the other bits look ok mate,so i'd say 35 quid isn't bad.

3. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    not being remotely technical - or able to build machines n stuff :eek: - I probably shouldn't comment - but if you manage to get a couple of machines out of that lot, for what you paid - even just as spares, it looks like a bargain to me!

4. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    i have one the silver frame with stars on, got it with my china kit, it runs fine as a shader but i've never really used it much