Koi Tattoo

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by Patrick, 10 Mar 2011.

1. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    tattoo pics 2286.jpg
    This is one I done last night, I can't sleep unless I do a Tattoo every day at the moment. I used 7rl, 9rs. I usually manage to use the same needles for about 5 tattoos on pig skin and then they are worn out. Do you all use new needles on pig skin every time or re-use them. Of course I don't re-use them on real skin, in fact I don't use the same machines or power pack on real skin this way I can leave my piggy machines set up. I have managed to get 2 complete sets of everything now so it saves any hassle. The only thing I have to duplicate is ink, currently I use Kashoku which is ok, but not widely available so I will keep this for piggy and buy new for real skin. I was thinking of Skin Candy because it seems that most suppliers sell it. Any advice?
    Thanks

Pat:1

2. Daz

Daz Premium

Worcestershire
    Darren
    Really nice tattoo there mate, the scales on the koi make it for me. :clap:

3. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Hey Patrick,
    when you do the colour shade in the waves,put the colour in away from the edges & highlight the edges with a bit of white,looks more real...you have done it the other way around !!. Really nice work tho mate,like it...:thumbsup:

4. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Thanks Mark

I will try that on the next one, but that does makes sense. That's typical me doing things the wrong way round:eek: Thanks to everyone who takes time to comment because it would be very difficult to progress without the good honest advice.

5. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    That's what were all here for mate,keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

6. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hey Pat,

a lovely piece of work - outline is lovely and clear and even - but it looks unfinished/lacks depth.
    Think I've said before about your black/grey work - you need to apply same principles with colour... underside of fish would be very dark (as it's shaded), so a dark pink or purple working up into the vibrant colour then highlight at the tip - which here would be the fin.
    As Skin says, the waves are back to front - darkest under the fish, working outwards to the white of the tips of the waves.
    Hope this helps:thumbsup:

7. mxtattoo

mxtattoo Premium

cheshire
    Rob
    cool

:thumbsup:Looks good! good strong outline, as mentioned shaded not brill but practice makes perfect and thats why were here. but i like it anyway slightly bias as i like koi fish. well done keep it up