Latest Effort

Discussion in 'Tattoos I've Done' started by oultimer, 13 Jan 2011.

1. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    here is my latest effort on my thigh

Attached Files:

2. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    Nice work

looks like you stencil needs alittle work yet the Tat in general looks good coloring could use a touch up a bit just keep going you will get better at it all .

3. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Thanks for your advice mate i know my line work isn't great on this and the colours could be better its not a great pic and in reality the colours are a lot better looking 'in the flesh'I have a lot to work on before i would consider doing one on someone else but i think it is important to get the experience on yourself first and make the mistakes on your own skin:cry:

4. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Got the 'finger out'and done this one today:cheesy:5rl and 5rs. pictures 026.jpg

5. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    pictures 028.jpg Done this one today lines not great but hope to sort that out when i do the shading hopefully.Its on my own leg by the way 'what do youse think? pictures 027.jpg

6. Tattooz

Tattooz Donator Premium

Male
    Sheffield
    Dave
    It looks ok, but it seems you have gone quite a bit off stencil on the left side of the head/shoulder area. Hopefully like you say, hopefully you can rescue it during the shading.

7. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    I lost part of the head and shoulder area while wiping down and redesigned part of it freehand'and needed to add an extra horn!!some touching up needed but should be able to rescue it as you say:thumbsup:

8. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Jim
    What needle did you use for lining? I've only been at it about 4 months myself so cant offer much advice. However I always do a sample tattoo on pigskin before I do it on real skin, this way I find it easier as I've done it before and have some reference. Also I like to experiment with shading and colour to see what it will look like and Whoever is having the tattoo can see what it will look like:thumbsup:. I often draw the picture on paper as well and coulour or shade it. I know it seems a lot of effort but for me it works. Hope this is helpfull.
    All The Best

Patrick

9. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    I used a 5rl 'and thanks for the advice.Have you done many tats on other people yet or any on yourself?

10. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Hi Jim

Not done any on myself yet due to taking medication, but done 7 on other people and about 100 pig skins. I have some photos in my album on this site. I find tattooing real skin much easier than pig skin in terms of getting the ink in, but I'm quite nervous because I worry about messing them up. So far everyone I've tattooed have been happy, but I still can't help getting the shakes for the first couple of minutes, that's why I do a trial tatt on pig skin first. I have several people wanting tatts, but dont want to rush into it until I'm confident with what ever I'm doing. On my album are some samples of what I've done, the elephant is the next real one I will be doing.:eek:

11. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Just had a look at them some good work,Patrick will not be attempting anyone myself for a while yet:eek:

12. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Well folks whats the verdict:cry: pictures 030.jpg

13. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    definately improving!

14. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Thanks Dawn its not easy tattooing upside down 'still prefer working on myself than piggy tho'Will get a better idea when it heals if the shading is o.k.Still a lot to learn but i've got a few sq ft of skin to work on'apparently the average adult has about 2 sq mtrs of skin on their body!since i started this tatting i am looking at everyone as a walking canvas!I think you learn something new with every new one you do its an amazing art i think and wish i had discovered it years ago:thumbsup:

15. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    skulls and castle

Picture 019.jpg Picture 020.jpg added these extra bits:rolleyes: Picture 018.jpg

16. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Like the skulls Jim. You can see the improvement in your work as you compare these to your previous. I'm not as brave as you.... can't face marking myself incase I make a total hash of it. Need more confidence first! I'm thinking of teacher training later in the year, so can't put them anywhere on show- hands and lower arms are out for me!

17. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    done this to day a few shaky lines i know but its on the top of my thigh when it heals will try to sort that out pictures 035.jpg

18. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Another one wot i done more skulls etc.:rolleyes: Picture 006.jpg

19. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hey Jim,

they're definately coming on mate. Just like me - keep on practicing!! We'll get there eh! Thing is, you'll have no space left soon:p. I'm a wimp - I'll wait....

20. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    p.s. love the little skulls - so cute! (think they're becoming your trademark!)