Leg Work

Discussion in 'Tattoos I've Done' started by Sl1pperyweasel, 31 Dec 2010.

1. Sl1pperyweasel

Sl1pperyweasel Get more ink.. Donator Premium

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    My first real work on someone other than early attempts on my own leg & I know tribal work is boring but my mate lent me his leg so I had to do it!.
    Im happy with the way the outline came out (using 5RL) now just a lot of colouring in to do.

Attached Files:

2. Tattooz

Tattooz Donator Premium

Male
    Sheffield
    Dave
    Thats a ****in good outline mate. The points look fab. Looks like the lines got a bit fatter on the top two points, but when its covered, that will be gone. brilliant.
    Take your time with the colouring and that will be a cool tattoo.

3. Sl1pperyweasel

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    OK I have finished the black colouring, took me abt 4 hours with a 9RS!! there are a few patchy areas but I will touch these up once its healed, Basically caused from not making tight enough circles or not stretching as much as I thought. Tatt progressed well but slowly. Generally well pleased with the outcome.

Attached Files:

4. Starbuck42

Starbuck42 Premium

UK
    Kevin
    That looks great in that position. I remember when i first did a tribal of that size, and as you say, its quite daunting when it seems to take forever to fill in. I remember wondering if i was doing something wrong, then you have got the points to worry about, then you run over a line, and end up trying to fix it by making the that part a little wider.
    Oh the memories! Try a 7 mag mate, and keep the pressure on. They are great, but just make sure you fill it well, or it will look just shaded when it heals. Best thing about a small mag, is that you can really get a nice fill into the points by using the edge.

Keep it up, its all good.

5. Sl1pperyweasel

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    Thanks,
    I was gonna use a 7 mag but I have heard of various ways of using them, pushing as usual & also pulling the needle?? which sounds odd to me so until I have practiced with the mags more I had to stick with the round.
    Also When I have used the mag it seems to be darker one side & fainter the other. Is this usual or my technique needs work?

Sl1pp.

6. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    Leg Tribal

Nice clean Tribal there for sure and i think we all have to go back an tuch up our Tribals a little bit . Mags on the other hand take a little practise do not rush into a mag if they make you nervous,there are different techniqes for mags an the old saying practise makes perfect hold with mags .So befor you head to your mates practise a little grapefruit, ppiggy . :cool: