More Piggy Pics

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by oultimer, 30 Jan 2011.

1. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Picture 005.jpg Some more of mine on swine,not great pics tho:( Picture 004.jpg

2. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Hello Patrick

As you know i've only been here 5 minutes and been practising less than a month so I don't feel I am qualified to comment but (that's not a good sounding start) I have looked at all the things you have done and some of them are pretty good i'd say and others look like you proper just whizzed throught them and being honest I wouldn't of put them up (I have done couple when I started I just binned) I don't know if these are freehand or transfers if they are thransfers i'd say you need to sort your transfers out, my first couple posted were wobbly or wrong were I had either not hand a good transfer to start or rubbed it out mid tattoo and guessed. If they are freehand then there pretty good and far better than anything I could freehand.

One thing I cant really do is draw i'm just alright at copying stuff.

When I look at what I was posting 2 weeks ago and what i'm doing now I know how much someone can improve with practise and patience. At the same time I see things people have put up that they reckon are there first go and I wonder why I bother as I don't think I 'd ever get that good?

Stick at it mate and good luck.

Hope I don't sound patronising

3. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Here's a bit of tribal i done some time ago not a great solid black fill i know and lines not great but i'm getting there very slowly :rolleyes: Picture.jpg

4. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    I am a proper tool sometimes

Jim I apologise for calling you Patrick mate think I had just read a post by him or whatever. Sorry again mate!

5. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    No problem mate i've been called worse!!thanks for the comments tho 'i have had some trouble with the stencils and some bad pieces of skin'freehanded some of the stuff' and i agree i do need to slow down a bit but the general public have nothing to fear from me for a long time yet 'ill stick to my own skin and swine'Just got a new supply the freezer is full of it so will be mutilating a few choice peices soon:thumbsup:

6. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    gutted

I'm down to 2 farty pieces of pig and a sparrows tears worth of black ink! Nothin in the butchers till Monday either. Oh well back to me sketch pad / me own legs.
    Keep it up mate. :thumbsup:

7. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Had a go at this to-day having trouble getting ink to stay in had to go over it a couple times got a bit messy:cry: pictures 040.jpg

8. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hey Jim,
    nice to see you tryin something different!

Can't you get some pig skin from a butcher or farm shop/abbatoir over there? They seem to go to town over there cutting the skin - must like your crackling in Ireland;)
    No wonder you struggle to get the ink to stay...

9. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Hi Dawn 'i get the skin from a mate who sells meat from a van around the area 'it is direct from a butcher 'apparently the cuts are caused by a machine that strips the skin from the pig 'the first lot i got from him wasn't as bad as this'The next time i see him i will ask if it is possable to get some with no cuts.Every time i tattoo an area as soon as i wipe it the ink lifts out!I have tried different settings on the machine and needle depths but the problem still exists its so annoying :mad:

10. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Don't know if you saw my post a couple weeks ago, but I went to a local farm shop who have their own butcher. He keeps the shoulder skin for me. Last week I had to bin a great bag full because I couldn't fit it into the freezer! I have a whole drawer compartment full of piggy now! - Hubby is goin mad! He didn't charge me for it last week either because he says he just chucks it! Time before £3! Can't grumble at that!

11. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Indian girl 100_0681-1.jpg