My First Go at Tattooing! Go Gently Pleeeease!

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by WilD, 2 Feb 2011.

1. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    :eek: Well... here is my first go on a piece of pig!

I know it's not great but I guess I won't get any advice if I don't show you what I've done?! Anyway - piece of pigskin wasn't great - bit bumpy n lumpy and had a few scars - but I thought it was worth havin a go on rather than waste it...

DSC_0005.jpg

2. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Very good first effort keep it going ':thumbsup:

3. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    hey wilD, for a first go, that is a real nice tat.:thumbsup:

4. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    looks pretty good to me, few wobble lines but its very hard on pigskin just taskes one tough patch and the needle just bounces back and wanders all over the shop!

5. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    cheers guys - feel better now! Phew!

Really appreciate your comments x;)

6. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    great 1st tattoo :clap: :thumbsup:

if you hav problems with wandering needles you mite be useing the wrong tip for the perticular grouping you want to use,also if i can i try to use "diamond" tips to line with ;)

if those not familar with "diamond" tips, there diamond shape rather than "round" or "flat" so the needle tips sit in the "V" at the back of the tip if you "push" a line, or if you "pull" a line the needles sit in the "V" at front of the tip, also if you put a slight bent in the needle bar to help the needle group sit towards the back of the tip,
    <> - diamond tip (all round groupings can be used with a diamond tips but same rules apply with size selection allthough if you used a 7diamond tip with 5rl you will find it allot easier than a 5rl in a 7round tip
    O - regular round tip (the correct size tip for that size grouping so 5rl or 5rs has to go in a 5round tip- especially if lining
    ] - flat tip (for use with mag needle configuration)

hope this helps you and everyone

7. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    nice work

The Artist shows in you,for a first try very inpresionable :kiss:

I prefer diamond tips for lining also Ed

8. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Cheers guys!

Thanks for advice re the diamond tip - I'll def give that a go. Maybe with a 7RL? I used a 5RL and found it was quite fine. Guess it depends on the design also - but many of the tat's on here the lines look nice and smooth and broader line. Guess it's down to practice....:)

9. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark

hi wilD,when buying liners (needles) they come in standard & tight sizes,so that will also determine the line width.;)