My first ink

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by Sl1pperyweasel, 11 Oct 2010.

1. Sl1pperyweasel

Sl1pperyweasel Get more ink.. Donator Premium

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    Hello, Im new to the site & new to tattooing, Only been practicing for a couple of weeks but these are my attempts so far.

Cheers
    Sl1pp

Attached Files:

2. Sl1pperyweasel

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    Couple of new pieces.

Although I had to give up with the tribal as the skin became like elastic and I just couldnt stretch it far enough for the ink to go in. You can see from the roughly correct size flash what it should have been.

The tribal colouring I used a size 12 5RS. Should I be using a larger round shader? Most of the time I use a 7Mag but thought id try the round for this.

Cheers Sl1pp

Attached Files:

3. Sl1pperyweasel

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    Morrisons is a source of great piggy :)

New tatt on some fresh piggy.
    Using a 5RL, 5RS for the tribal & a 7M for the flowers

Attached Files:

4. Guinness

Guinness Premium

Walsall
    Mick
    I am also training on piggy , I have been using 5rl & 9rs
    I did a large trible the other day and the 9rs seemed to be taking for ever so I changed to a 15 mag and as i had never used a mag before I did not know what to expect. but the mags just bounced of the piggy like a rubber ball :(

so I have lost a bit confidence with the mags and I have gone back to rounds

your work on the piig looks very good and clean (wish I could use the mags like you and keep the pig that clean)

keep up the good work.

5. Sl1pperyweasel

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    Thanks.
    With the mags maybe try a smaller size? or faster speed? & keep the skin really stretched. I find Pig skin to be like elastic sometimes & nothing seems to want to take!. They are great when they work & can colour large areas real quick.

As for keeping the skin that clean took a lot of green soap & kitchen roll ;)

Sl1pp.

6. pblackart

pblackart Premium

newcastle upon tyne
    paul black
    i think you are doing well

i used to wrap pigskin around a bottle as it is a lot harder to do? and got me used to tattooing a not so flat surface all the same im thinking you are:cool: looking good !!

7. DavidE

DavidE Premium

Regarding pig skin being like rubber.
    Soak it in warn water for 5 mins, then scrub it with one of those sponges with brillo on the bottom. You need to pile on the soap though. Personally i use Carex and it really does work well.

Basically it takes out all the surface fat, and softens the outer skin.

Dry it out thoroughly, and you will find you get a really good colour fill.

Hope this helps.

8. Guinness

Guinness Premium

Walsall
    Mick
    many thanks for the piggy cleaning / softening and mag's info

will keep you posted - getting some more pig skin on friday

would you advise the use of mags, and are they just for colour

:):):)

9. Sl1pperyweasel

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    ^^
    I will always use mags for large areas of block colour, I find them a lot quicker & easier to get the colour in. I also "try" & use them for adding shading. (not that I have a lot of experience with that or even do it well but....)

Latest Piggy. Not happy with how this looks, I was lazy with the colouring of the tribal & also the skin made it very difficult to get smooth lines with all the cut grooves in it. Also doesnt help that I smudged the transfer to start with.. Well thats my excuses out the way ;)

Attached Files:

10. LouLouPolenastics

LouLouPolenastics Regular Member

Lou
    These look great - can I ask how long you've been inking and where you learnt/got your kit from?

11. Sl1pperyweasel

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    Thanks,
    Iv been learning now for abt 4 months, teaching myself from info/ videos found on the web but mostly from this site.

I got my first kit from www.thetattooshop.co.uk & just expanded on it with upgraded bits as I learnt more. Oh & pig skin from morrisons =)

12. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark