My Last Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat & Advice' started by toetoe62, 11 Mar 2011.

1. toetoe62

toetoe62 Donator Premium

As a few of you know I replied to a thread, the person was asking asking about registration, I did a lot of research in this area when I decided to practice tattooing I also went for a one day course at Sheffield with a tattoo artist name AJ, who as 20 +years of experience and as had numerous shops, it was a fantastic day and well worth the money, there was a lot of information on health and safety etc, which added to my knowledge on that side of things. I feel I have unintentionally offended a few people with the reply I posted and that was not my intention, as the information I posted was correct and was meant to help other members of this forum, I really did not expect the replies I got, I made myself a member of the learn to tattoo site because after reading a few of the threads posted it seemed everyone was happy to give good advice and encouragement to the other members and that is a rare thing for a site dedicated to tattooing, but after the response I received, and the little digs I still seem to be getting I am wondering if it would be best not to reply to any other threads and maybe from time to time answer to people in their private message box. And post some of my work from time to time. As this is probably my last thread I would still urge people to read up on the health and safety part of tattooing, to save possible prosecution in the future, I am going to leave you with three different sites to look at so you can be clear about the do’s and don’ts, I’m not looking for a debate on if you think the information is right or wrong, it’s not me who as wrote this information, I am simply pointing you to it, for you own records.
    I put the first one up the other day but Ill put it in so as they are all together.

THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (MISCELLANEOUS PROVISHIONS) ACT 1982
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1982/30 There is no need to read it all, just go to section 15.

THE HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK ACT 1974
    http://www.hse.gov.uk/legislation/hswa.htm this one will keep you busy, it’s probably best to look at it in small amounts, as there is quite a lot of links all with different bits of info.

THE TATTOOING OF MINORS ACT 1969
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1969/24/introduction/enacted This is very short compared to the other ones, but really it is self-explanatory, just don’t tattoo anybody under the age of 18. you can under certain circumstances but you will be working with a doctor or surgeon.
    I have also purchased a tattooist disclaimer pad, you can write your own out but I got mine for £4.50 for 100 pages, I thought very reasonable, if a person will not fill one of them out before they have a tattoo, I am not going to take the job on, even to people I know.
    I hope this clears things up

regards
    Tony

2. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Tony, I really do think you have let this get the better of you. Where I stand in all of this is that a lot of the info is ambiguous and open to different interpretation. As adults it leaves us to make our own minds up, and hence our own decisions. I totally respect where you are coming from and as I said we must agree to disagree. The disguise was meant as a bit of fun to lighten the mood lad - not a dig, so I am sorry you have taken all this to heart. There's an old saying where I come from Tony and it's 'if you're gonna give it, then you gotta take it' .... Don't be daft Tony there are many of us who appreciate your input! So hope this is not the last after all?......