My Very First Tattoo

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by spider-64, 19 May 2010.

1. spider-64

spider-64 Premium

corby
    spider
    Hi All thought i would post some pics of my first practice tat. I decided to work with pig skin straight off, and have to say its not easy to work with as it has loads of cuts in it from i guess the processing machine or morrisons put them on so it crisps up when cooked, "whatever". I scrubed the skin really hard before using it, and throughout tattooing it to wash the excess ink off, but this roughed part of the skin up so the ink lining seemed to smuged, and dulled/smeared parts of it.(arround the left horn) It staines alot too, I won't scub so hard next time to see if i get a better finish. My lines were quite uneven so had to go over them a few times, same with the block black. I think if this was real skin on someone i would have quite roughed it up/over worked it. It would have been quite painful.

I also used different shades of grey wash but it doesn't come out to well as if over worked comes out dark, the other problem is as the skin is dead it doesn't heal so you can't see how the shades look once healed.

I used a 7 round liner and shader and tried a 9 Mag for the block black. I have never even held a tattoo machine before today so have to say though there is alot of work to do to improve, I am quite pleased with my first attempt.

Please give me as much feedback as possible

Thanks

Spider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sonic

Sonic Premium

UK
    aarrgghhh
    That looks great!
    Its hard as hell to tattoo skin that is all cut up like that, so very well done.
    Keep em coming. :)

3. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Wow! Not bad for a first attempt! I'll let you know how I get on in a few days time when I have a go for the first time.

4. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    am not having that!

If thats your fisrt attempt and you never picked a machine up before that i'm giving up. Thats f***ing awesome

5. tat2zoo

tat2zoo Premium

cheshire
    Paul
    I am with you Lee great work:p

6. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    Pig skin

very nice work for a first timer for sure but remember practise makes perfect :clap: Ed:thumbsup: