Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mxtattoo, 21 Feb 2011.

1. mxtattoo

mxtattoo Premium

cheshire
    Rob
    Hi All i am new to this forum and to be honest it's the first forum iv'e ever been on. i have been the proud owner of my tattoo equipment for a couple of weeks, and have found loads of good advice and info on here. thanks all.:clap:

2. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Welcome newbie,don't be afraid to ask mate,that's what were all here for.:)

3. mxtattoo

mxtattoo Premium

cheshire
    Rob
    thanks for the welcome

There is a question that is bugging me!. when i bought my gear a mate of mine gave me some inks to start me off, very good of him but they are very poor inks, i am looking to build up a good!! collection of ink but unsure of what brand to go with. what is the best and where is the best place to get it from?.

4. Deziner

Deziner The Bitch! Premium

Norwich - UK
    Claire
    Welcome aboard Rob,
    There is a section dedicated to ink.
    Here

5. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    Welcome to the site mate:thumbsup:

6. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hi Rob,
    always nice to see a new face. You'll get plenty support and advice on here! My kit came with intenze inks and I am finding them quite good. Would buy them again def.

7. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    I use skin candy inks they are strong in colour and last they work for me

8. tat2zoo

tat2zoo Premium

cheshire
    Paul
    Hi Rob welcome get going on the pig and draw draw draw
    I am from cheshire as well where are you from
    Paul:thumbsup:

9. akka

akka Premium

uk
    Ben
    welcome rob :thumbsup:

10. mxtattoo

mxtattoo Premium

cheshire
    Rob
    Thanks all for the welcome and advice, and thanks claire for the link much appreciated. as soon as i get some time i will get some ink on pig and post some pics. it's good to know so many people are there willing to help when needed. thanks again!.:thumbsup: Oh yeh just to add for Paul I am in Ellesmere port mate where are you ?

11. Daz

Daz Premium

Worcestershire
    Darren
    Welcome Rob, only been on here a few days myself but im amazed by how much people are willing to help you out. Top Site

12. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Hello Rob, I havn't been here that long myself but already i'm feeling like "old school" as there seems to be a lot of new members. Welcome to the site you will find loads of helpful and friendly advice on here i'm sure.

Regarding inks there is a inks section as nmentioned. I did some pretty large research on sites/shops/forums about inks and the most recommended ones (as far as I have seen) are Skin candy and Moms (although moms is pretty thick according to the site big man) Intenze looks good also but is quite pricey it seems then theres starbright coming in around 4th (again in my chart only)

You will find everyone has a different preference and some people will just use certain colours from certain brands?

For black ink Talens seems to be the daddy and I did get some myself and I find it excelllent (on pigs and people) I have not really done much colour work but I will be investing in skin candy (as used in la ink and by Sly so they say in the ads) I got inks with my kit but I wouldn't wanna stick em in my body, I did a barbed wire heart for my nephew and filled in in red from the kit, I shall post a pic when its healed but i'm not holding out much hope as red is a nightmare colour anyway I have read never mind "free red"

Good luck and practice lots