new tatts ive done on myself any advice

Discussion in 'Tattoos I've Done' started by robbie1074, 7 Aug 2010.

1. robbie1074

robbie1074 Premium

robert
    go easy guys an gals im new dont forget

Attached Files:

2. Koi

Koi Premium

Bristol
    Sharron
    I would stick to the pig skin for a while and practice those lines.
    It looks like you must have gone over the edge many times to have all those "flats" on the tribal.
    The colouring is very patchy, and needs much more fill.

Honestly, get to Morrisons supermarket, get three or four rolls of pig skin for around £2.00 and practice different techniques or you will scar someone.

3. robbie1074

robbie1074 Premium

robert
    ok im not in uk so difficult to get to morrisons the colouring on the snake i didnt want bold colours i did these with a 7 round liner i dont like the pig skin idea in cyprus as it is very hot im happy to practice on myself so what do you reccomend i do to help me get better

also thanx mate for the honest cmmentswhat do u think im doing wrong

4. Davey

Davey The boss Founder/Admin

UK
    Davey
    Just a quicky for you Rob.

If you do not want to try pig skin, other practice mediums for outlines, are simple things such as, oranges, melons, bananas etc etc.

You say you used a 7 Liner? Hopefully this wasnt for the colour also?
    You need to start colouring with a 9 or 13 shader to get a nice neat/solid fill on your tribal.

5. robbie1074

robbie1074 Premium

robert
    Yes im afraid it was a 7 liner for the colouring as well

6. Davey

Davey The boss Founder/Admin

UK
    Davey
    Uh Oh!!!

There is your problem. Try a shading needle, and you will find the colour is far more saturated. :mad:

RL means Liner, RS means Shader... Basically, a shading needle is a more spread configuration.

7. Sonic

Sonic Premium

UK
    aarrgghhh
    Ouchhhhh!! I bet that hurt like hell. :eek:
    I would have to agree with Koi, and say that that tribal doesnt look very good, and a bit more practice on fruit etc is needed. sorry. :mad:

8. robbie1074

robbie1074 Premium

robert
    yes it did mate not whilst doing it only after been using fruit and practice skins and everything seems fine nice crisp lines any advice gratly appreciated

9. robbie1074

robbie1074 Premium

robert
    also guys please comment on the snake tattoo so i know where im going wrong had loads of up and coming tattooist practice on me so running out of areas to tattoo my self and thanks to all for honest comments and advice

10. tugg

tugg Premium

I would definately stop practicing on yourself for now .r u really going to be happy with living with that on your leg for the rest of your natural? As you get better you will be able to go back over it and sort it out . Best to do small tattoos to begin with and stay away from tribal as a beginner it is alot harder to do than people think