Ouch! This is My Latest Coverup on Myself

Discussion in 'Tattoos I've Done' started by Tattooz, 23 Jan 2011.

1. Tattooz

Tattooz Donator Premium

Male
    Sheffield
    Dave
    Did this one on the top of my leg (quite big) about four weeks ago, thought i had already uploaded it. :confused:

I mentioned on another thread yesterday how you will always want to go over things as you get better with time. The first pic shows the stencil covering the first tattoo i did on myself. As you do, dig the needles straight in to yourself as soon as you get a machine. :p
    This baby hurt like hell, and took about 3 1/2 hrs to complete using a 7RL, 9RS and a 7 MAG.

stencil-lady.jpg cololur-lady.jpg

You can see the old design, but i think the design allows it to be overlooked. Or is it just me wishful thinking. Do you think i need to darken the scarf where you can see through it??

Opinions please

2. Personaly I wouldn't bother, it blends in quite well. Looks good :thumbsup:

3. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    It looks dead on mate!if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't see it.As a matter of interest how did you manage the stretch for this one?

4. Tattooz

Tattooz Donator Premium

Male
    Sheffield
    Dave
    It is at the top of my leg, so the stretch is the same as if it was someone elses leg.

5. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    Nice work

No wonder you make the big Bucks :clap: :thumbsup:

6. Tattooz

Tattooz Donator Premium

Male
    Sheffield
    Dave
    I wish i could!

7. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    That's pretty flippin good Dave

Just thought i'd mention that

8. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Thought it was your arm 'sorry'was just quickly going thru the forum didn't read your post properly.

9. craig1985

craig1985 Regular Member

Chesterfield, UK
    Craig Burr
    The old design blends in really well with the new so great job. cover-ups are something I never attempt. I try to sketch ideas out but always chuck it in the end. You are awesome by the looks of it so Bravo!

10. nomad

nomad Premium

if you want some practise you could redo my half sleeve it needs a make over.
    simon

11. juanchanpunx

juanchanpunx Regular Member

Houston
    juan
    nice cover up bro!... the only issue I see (cause the work looks good from where I'm sitting) is on the design... maybe its just me but I think the eye/eye lash where it meets the nose looks off, I think I would have curved the nose line to meet where the top of the eye starts and then curved out aguin and back in to the outline right under the eye where it ends.... dont know if you understand what i'm say'n but just what I see.

props for the coverup!

12. fuzzybadfoot

fuzzybadfoot Premium

birmingham
    andrew
    nice cover up

13. Kinky

Kinky Regular Member

Tottally agree, The eye and nose arnt quite right.

But as far as cover ups go, Well done. The layout and planing is spot on.
    But on the downside you used red, NEVER use red on a a part of tattoo your covering. It just doesn't cover anything.

Only 3 things let it down (Eye, Nose, Red) But overall :thumbsup:

14. Viper65

Viper65 Regular Member

I agree with the rest this was a good effort on your part and you did well with the covering of it. My only comments would be that it seems to all be of one mid-tone color, nothing at all wrong with it but I think if you could have punched out a few highlights here and there and made the black in the hair a bit stronger it would have even taken more away from the fact that its a cover up. It could just be and ink problem, I have no idea, but If i were going to darken anything it would be the blacks to offset the reds.

15. boaz

boaz here to help and learn Premium

Male
    wales
    matt
    i think i would of gone green with the scarf and put a rose on top and like viper said darker contrasts and put some highlights in but good effort

16. mad tatter

mad tatter Regular Member

Mo.
    Matt
    The tattoo looks good. You're gonna think I'm being overly critical, but I see a few areas where the design coulda been tweaked to better mask the dragon. For instance, the hair or frills could have been brought down and match the arc of the bottom of the tail, and the rose petals could have been placed to blend in better with the dragons horns. As time goes by the old tat will become more visible again. This is just my honest opinion, not trying to be negative, or bash your tattoo.