Piggin Geisha

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by mxtattoo, 5 Mar 2011.

1. mxtattoo

mxtattoo Premium

cheshire
    Rob
    hi all i done this last night, now i am not making excuses but the piggy that i get from morrisons has loads of little holes in it and i am still having problems with stencils. but i don't think it turned out too bad ! let me know what you think! and be honest i can take it ?:thumbsup: and here are a couple i have done on rubber practice skins.
    SDC11587.jpg SDC11609.jpg SDC11610.jpg

2. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    there looking good rob i love the carp nice choice of colours i have the same problem with the pig skin its not the best but you done good looks well:clap:

3. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Hey Rob,
    Really nice work mate,love the koi,brilliant piece of work....
    One thing i noticed mate.....when colouring,make sure you work in small circles, you will get better coverage & blending,( i noticed all the needle marks are in straight lines)...keep up the good work.:clap:

4. Daz

Daz Premium

Worcestershire
    Darren
    Love the Koi really good job nice selection and use of colours. I was having the same trouble with pig skin, i find it better now if wash in warm water and scrub the skins with one of those sponge scourers then a apply dettol which was reccomended by a few on here.

I also ask the butcher (at Morrisons for uncut Pig skin) which if you get there early enough they should have.

Hope this helps and keep up the good work.

5. mxtattoo

mxtattoo Premium

cheshire
    Rob
    thank you

thanks for your comments and advice. i had trouble with the filling on the koi as it is on a rubber practice skin didn't like me doin'g little circles! and never got the time to colour the geisha unfortunatly. i dont get much time to tattoo so just do what i can when i can. thanks again, Rob.:thumbsup:

6. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hi Rob,
    they look really good:thumbsup: I struggle with the pig skin - so know what you mean, but you're doing great:clap:

7. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Well done Rob, they all look good. How do you manage to keep the rubber skins so clean?:clap:

8. mxtattoo

mxtattoo Premium

cheshire
    Rob
    keep clean

Hi patrick i use plenty of vaseline whilst tattooing which helps slightly but once finished i clean them off with sergical spirit:thumbsup: but don't do this during the outline as it washes your stencil away !!

9. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    If you are having probs getting the colour to go in on practice skin,just up the voltage a little bit...they are a lot tougher than real skin.