Round Two of the Dragon Back Piece

Discussion in 'Tattoos I've Done' started by Reaper G, 3 Mar 2011.

1. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    photo.jpg

hey all done another 3 hours on it i feel like im tattooing now and not blaging it its imposible to tattoo riding the tube at 2ml it wont go in just ends up scratchy so im ridding the needle its not as bad as i thought it would be and you get no ink spill is nice to see were your going i am fidding now i can tell by the machines change in pitch when im were i need to be if the pitch increasess (speed) i no i need to go deeper once you get the pitch change then you have cracked it it drops when theres load thats were you need to be at that point then you can tell by the machine speeding up its not deep inough or if it slows down your two deep dont know if this has every lost by now but i hope it makes sence to you i am dying to get the magnum on it :)

2. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    Fine work

I never could ride the needle lol:thumbsup: Ed

3. toetoe62

toetoe62 Donator Premium

riding the needles

Now is the time to start Ed, give it a go, I will always recommend riding the needles from the start, so as you don’t get used to doing it one way and then start learning to do it another way, it can be difficult for some people, like Paul is finding out riding the needles is a far better method in many ways, after you have cracked it, you wont look back.

Regards
    Tony

4. Sl1pperyweasel

Sl1pperyweasel Get more ink.. Donator Premium

Male
    Chelmsford
    Graham
    Looking very good m8. Hopefully he is pleased with it so far.

5. akka

akka Premium

uk
    Ben
    looking good mate the scales look nicely proportioned too bet ur looking forward to seein the finished product:thumbsup:

6. Pastelman

Pastelman Premium

Glasgow
    Alan
    Looking good reaper dragon looks good are you going to complete it with grey's or colour:thumbsup:

7. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hey Reaper,
    Fantastic job mate. Maybe doing this big piece has been good in allowing you to really get your confidence and as you say, ride the needle. You're well away now! :thumbsup: Looking forward to stage 3!

8. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Really nice work Paul,i think you have cracked it mate...:clap:

9. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    Grey wash with red eyes and a cystal ball in theory

10. Reaper G

Reaper G Premium

N.e lincs
    Paul g
    The good thing is doing a tattoo this big it :thumbsup:gives you time to really get a feel for the machine when you do a small tattoo you just start to get the hang of it then you finish with this one I had time to find my feet and then had hours to play with my confidence has doubled sometimes bigger is better

11. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Hi Paul
    :clap:
    Fantastic as usual, like you I started with the needle out about 2mm when I pressed down on the arm bar. I always just rode the tube and got ink everywhere and couldn't see what I was doing. Since watching Corey Miller on LA Ink I started riding the needle and it's so much better as you now know. I have also realised that it's less painfull for your client, has anybody else found this to be the case?
    Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing it finsihed.