Second night on piggy

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by pompey1902, 8 Oct 2009.

1. pompey1902

pompey1902 Premium

the lines are a little shakey but i think it went well :)

2. Rondog

Rondog Premium

Hi Pompey

Glad your liking it your lines will be a biy wobbly to start with but just keep at it. my tip for today is dont use to fine a liner as with a 3rl you will see every wobble try a bigger one like a 5 or 7 or even a 9, it really builds your confidence in lining. I did lots and lots of lines to start with just keep going you can only get better.

Cheers

Ron

3. Davey

Davey The boss Founder/Admin

UK
    Davey
    Looks very very rushed.
    Like Ron said, use something like a 5 or 7 Liner to get started.
    SLOW DOWN. The lines look scratched rather than smooth.

Trust me, practice will make those lines look crisp and even...

Its a start, now slow down a bit and see the difference.

Ps, forget the colour for a while.

Try this as a practice stencil.
    [​IMG]

4. Rondog

Rondog Premium

That practise stencil is really good Davy very close to what i was doing. i just did some lines and cicles and stuff on microsoft paint, then printed them out traced them on to carbon paper with a pencil, and heres the good part i put the pencil on to the machine as this gave me a really good insight on how to do it when i transfered it to pigskin. then just swopped the pencil out for the needle and tube/grip. i found it helped me a lot as you really have to slow down when tracing it and a really good feel for the lines. if you understand what im saying that is lol.

Cheers
    Ron

5. Rondog

Rondog Premium

Hi Pompey

You really need to slow down when lining it dont need to be rushed just a nice steady even speed with your hand, that way you will get nice crisp lines. Try not to be to quick in getting the lines done the speed will come in time, i suggest you try that pattern again but dont rush it then compare with this one. Then you will be able to see the differance.

Cheers
    Ron

6. Buzzy

Buzzy Regular Member

Sorry mate but...

The first thing that you need to do is put down your machine and concentrate on getting your hand strength and drawing skills up.

Trace, trace, trace and then trace some more, followed by more tracing LOL....

Buy a powerball to help improve the strength on your wrist and hand, use this everyday until you can get to 20 mins constant without cramping.

If you were to spend a couple of months just drawing and tracing then when you do come to practice lining will have improved without you knowing it.

Sorry to sound harsh mate but all good things come to those who wait.

What Machines do you have?
    Are they tuned correctly?
    How hard were you hitting?
    What Stroke length?
    Are you riding the tube or needle?

Hope I can help further

Cheers
    Buzzy

7. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    AT last

I have been going through thses piggy pics and some of them I find hard to believe are first timers. I was glad you posted your pics they are better than my atempts (but only just). I think all the advice given is honest and I shall be following it myself. Thanks for your honest pics and if you want a laugh look at my "im gonna do it thread).

I shall be back after some serious tracing practice.

p.s. where did the practice stencil go?
    If one of you lovely people could advise some desgns to start or provide a practice stencil that would help loads?

8. Davey

Davey The boss Founder/Admin

UK
    Davey