Shading

Discussion in 'Lining, Colouring & Shading' started by steveo44, 30 May 2009.

1. :confused:What is the best needle to use for shading or filling in a trible ive tried 7rs but want to fill it more and quicker if u now what i mean, and what nozzle is best. ive done it but it looks like its not filled in props any help please.

2. Lucy Locket

Lucy Locket Founder/Admin

Female
    GB
    Lucy
    For tribal work, you will not really get a good fill with anything less than a 13 round shader, but for best results you are better using magnums. Start with a 9 to get the hang of it, but it fills the area much quicker, and a lot smoother.

Using a 7RS will probably tear the skin up, as you will be going back over areas quite a few times. You will also find that it will scab quite a lot.

Try the mags on yourself first, because the smoothness has a lot to do with the angle that the needles hit the skin.

Buy the course while its on offer, as most of these types of questions are answered in the files.

3. inked69er

inked69er Premium

whats the best angle for the needles when doing tribal with mags an what are mags mainly used for an can you tell me how i can find witch one of my guns is a shader an witch ones the liner how can i tell the differance from 8coil rap an 10 thx

4. iVE FOUND 45DECREES,AND THE COILS ARE BIGGER ON A 10COIL RAP.IM ONLY LEARNING MYSELK BUT HAVE TATTOOED MY SELF AS WELL.NOT TO BAD UP TO NOW.SO PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME.I OUT LINE IN 7RL I THINK REALLY GOOD FOR LINING AT THIS MO.ALSO I BUT PIG SKIN ROUND A 2LT PLASTIC BOTTLE.HOPE THIS HELPS ONLY JUST GETTING INTO MAGS MYSELF,LET YOU KNOW I GET ON SEE YA SOON.:eek::D

5. inked69er

inked69er Premium

thx

thx m8 iv tattooed myself too on my leg an the plastic bottle tip is a great idea thx again