Skull and Rose

Discussion in 'Tattoos I've Done' started by akka, 23 Mar 2011.

1. akka

akka Premium

uk
    Ben
    DSC00433.jpg started myself a peice on the top of my leg gunna be adding more whenever i can (i cant tattoo mesel very often cause work involves me cwraling thru all kinds ov shite);)
    as youl see underneeth the design its part of a cover up of a chinease symbol id done with pin and ink while young and daft
    started out ling with 5rl then binned the idea half done for months
    finaly got round to doin something about it tonite without lining owt else jus ith a 11 mag
    any input/suggestions welcome:thumbsup:

2. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    ok here goes wah i would do with it obviosly the "rose" needs finnishing not sure if you still have the design but the leaves i would say how youve got the shading looks like a kinda "undershade" so try "brush" some green over the shade in the leaves maybe leave the skin for highlights then strengthen the outline around the skull or make the desicion to give it a kinda background or flow to the design or not :thumbsup: nothing wrong with it its jus unfinnished just needs a lil more added to bring it up ;)

just my opinion folks not saying im right or wrong :cool:

3. jamesb

jamesb Premium

james
    oh p.s and a better fill with the black in the eye ;) and maybe another "rendering" of greywash on the skull will give it alot more depth to ;)

4. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hi Ben, think what you have done looks very good but as JB says, little more black in the eye socket and nose too - and if you could finish the outline of the Rose and other leaf - the makings of a nice tat there :thumbsup: where you stationed? Not local to me are you? Lol! (catterick)?

5. akka

akka Premium

uk
    Ben
    cheers man i can see what your saying about the fill in the eye i had dramas gettin the ink in in places so ill see if i can sort that once healed
    glad u picked up that its a work in progress i shulda said in my origional post i ran out of time on the the rose (early start lol) ive left the backround for now as its part of a larger peice all on the same theme skulls roses etc
    ill mebby join it with a smoke backround
    loving the fact you get good constructive points on here massivly helpful cheers :thumbsup:

6. akka

akka Premium

uk
    Ben
    hi Dawn im at strencill near york went thugh training at catterick (oh the memories :rolleyes:)
    ill have to give you a shout next time im up there for a couple of weeks
    thanks for the input sounds like ur both thinking allong the same lines as i am looking at it today