Skull, Rose and Webs Line Work on Super Cheap 10 for £6 Practice Skin

Discussion in 'Pig & Fake Practice' started by barcode1973, 12 Mar 2011.

1. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Heres the line work (7RL) I did earlier today. Was a bit peesed off as I defrosted my last piece of piggy (a nice piece) scrubbed it all nice and clean then smudged the stencil i'd took ages doing! mangaged to get another one out of it on a practice skin (couldn't get the smudgy one off the pig)

The colours aren't as bright on the practice skins but when you get the hang of them they are a doddle to clean, and you can keep them without them going smelly! plus 10 for £6 is nearly pig skin prices.

Here it is! Let rip

Attached Files:

2. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Hi Lee,

That's real nice mate,gonna look wicked with shade & colour......:clap:
    Did you smudge the stencil after you put it on the piggy??? if so, after applying the stencil,lay a sheet of kitchen roll over it & blot it...give it time to dry.:thumbsup:

3. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    nice work

Will you come give me a tattoo pls :cool: :thumbsup: ED:rolleyes:

4. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Looks good mate!i tried a few of them skins and found them hard to keep clean and didn't take the ink very well'i would give them another go tho at 10 for £6 !where did you get them and have you any tips for keeping them clean ?

5. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Shaded it in (well I tried)

Here is my attempt at adding a few shades of grey!
    feedback welcomed (over did bottom left bone a bit)

Attached Files:

6. Pastelman

Pastelman Premium

Glasgow
    Alan
    Hi Barcode that looks good, as oultimer's question how did you clean the skin I find them hard to keep clean , P.S. just noticed the signature ... quality.
    Alan

7. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    looks great mate :thumbsup:if i could get results like that on those skins i would chuck the pigskin .Could you give us the place where you got them?thanks:)

8. toetoe62

toetoe62 Donator Premium

practise skin

There is plenty of it on ebay, 10 for about £6 with delivery, I would not recommend the ones that have already got designs on them because the ink they use is black and it is hard to see where you have tattooed, if you put your stencil on and let it dry, rub a small amount of Vaseline over the design, to much and your ink will not go in, then when you wipe the unwanted ink off put a little bit of water on your paper towel and try to just wipe where you have tattooed, when you have finished the outlining clean the whole thing with one of those sponges with a hard green side on them, with diluted green soap, it should come up spotless.

regards
    Tony

9. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Jim it's pretty much how Tony explains it. I coat them with vasline before hand (well I say coat I mean thin layer all over) then start at the bottom and dab or blot the bit you done then re apply a bit of vaseline and carry on. For cleaning them afterwards vasline also removes the ink as opposed to water.

I did also get 10 of the pre stencilled ones and it is hard to see where you are tatooing but the stencils wipe away prettty eaisily so its good parctice for doing a real one I guess apart from the fact on the more complicated designs the stencils are too thick and you can't see the detail properly. I'm gonna stick to the blank ones in future.

I got them here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220747931442&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I just checked they were £6.99 free postage (sorry) they did arrive next day though (I ordered them first thing in the morning along with some tattoo numb cream I have yet to try) I did scout around ebay and they were the best looking ones for the cheapest price (inc postage)

I like pig skin its brighter for colours and the outlines look darker but I have done 50 odd pig skin tats and sometimes the cleaning is a pain plus throwing them away afterwards. I can pin these ones to my cork board and people can see what I have done instead of a picture which I could of got anywhere and my girlfriend will let me put the skins on her back/arm etc to practice different shapes but hates pig skin! The practice skin I got with my kit was just like a bit of lino and although these are not as good as the £5 each ones with straps they are bigger and I would say well worth 70p each.

They claim they are double sided but once you have done one side properly there are indentations on the other side (they are really thin) so they are one side only but thats ok as I can't display both sides.

I just did a lucky devil on one with my super lightweight cutback liner (that seems to get very warm) see attached pic!

Attached Files:

10. oultimer

oultimer Premium

N I RELAND
    jim
    Thanks for that Lee will send of for some of them ':thumbsup:

11. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hi Lee, they look very good mate! I didn't manage to get away with these - but know what you mean about having to throw pig away! Guess they could be handy to have in for a 'quickie' when you just have an hour to spare. Pig does take a bit of prep! :thumbsup:

12. Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink Titan-Ink Premium

Wales
    Steve Morris
    Just bought some of these tonight,

Could someone please list in thicko terms how to get a carbon stencil onto the fake skins please. i.e 1, wash with dettol, 2, etc etc

Sorry for being retarded folks but i have never had a go with the fake skins before

Cheers
    Steve

13. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Just do the stencil the same as you would on skin,pig or otherwise !!
    1) apply small amount of neat dettol to a skin wipe (baby wipe)
    2)wipe over the area to be tattooed.
    3)allow it to go sticky (a minute or so)
    4)apply stencil to treated area,press it down gently.
    5)peel stencil away & leave it to dry (10 mins)
    6)before tattooing the design,gently blot it with a sheet of tissue to make sure it is dry.
    :thumbsup:

14. fronshee

fronshee Premium

wales
    tess
    gonna get some of these.. was prepping pig skin for the first time last night and it's totally gross.. gonna tattoo it today and see how it goes but already I'm not really into it.. it's just too minging...

15. cymek74

cymek74 Donator Premium

Within the Force
    Steve
    Tess,

Don't get the thin type that is shown on this thread, I know they look ok on this thread, but from my experience they are a real bugger to clean, I think a lot of the guys on here can vouch for that.

Try these, 1X Blank Tattoo Practice Skin 20*20*0.35cm + Strap UK | eBay, and Supertatz also does them. The Tattoo Shop on ebay also has them. They are thicker and wipe clean, of course they aren't like real skin, but with these ones you can get more of an idea of how you lining etc.

16. DermalDeviations

DermalDeviations Regular Member

I had to google "minging" lol

17. tatteredone

tatteredone Premium

This is a sweet piece man! I love the design, wouldnt mind inking that on me actually. Is this an original or flash from somewhere?