Some artwork

Discussion in 'Art School' started by fahey1981, 15 Aug 2010.

1. fahey1981

fahey1981 Premium

n ire
    shea thomas
    here are a few of my drawings. its not all about just tattooing, have to practise as much as possible where you can. i would appreciate any feedback. thanks

Attached Files:

2. fahey1981

fahey1981 Premium

n ire
    shea thomas
    seriously

does nobody have anything to say on these forums

3. Koi

Koi Premium

Bristol
    Sharron
    You are very talented. Never noticed this thread, or i would have replied earlier. Really these sketches are great and you are 100% correct in what you say. ITS NOT ALL ABOUT TATTOOS!

4. fahey1981

fahey1981 Premium

n ire
    shea thomas
    cheers

cheers for the feed back mate. i have loads of picture like this. some even better big a3 pieces that cant scan lol. i love to draw. kinda why i wanted to tattoo. love tattooing also but wish i could transfer the ease and confidence. so much easier drawing without worrying, (obviously mistakes less permanant lol.) i find i get alot more nervous when i tattoo even though i know that i could probably do a good job if i could build the confidence. thanks for taking the time to reply

5. Slinky

Slinky Premium

Bradford-UK
    Perri
    I totally agree with koi. You are really a talented artist. I find the same though, that when tattooing a piece, the first few minutes are horrendous. Then somehow, it seems so natural.

I would imagine if you had a couple of days solid tattooing, that would be the nerves gone forever. For me, i only tattoo maybe once a fortnight for about 5 hrs or so. Maybe a couple of people only.
    Unfortunately, i think everyone is in the same boat. :eek:

6. fahey1981

fahey1981 Premium

n ire
    shea thomas
    thank god. it so nice meet people that understand. the first couple of mins always the worst. done a couple this week and can feel change in my confidence. i can also see the increase in the level of my work. thanks for the compliments about my artwork. it really makes me feel good. thought i would a couple more, see if i could get any more critique

Attached Files:

7. iamjaykane

iamjaykane Regular Member

Stockport UK
    Jay Kane
    The one in the middle is awesome! Keep it up you are really good!

8. Guinness

Guinness Premium

Walsall
    Mick
    Hi
    great drawings - I have just started to do a few sketches but i can't beleive how rusty I have got,

I used to be able to do good drawings ( not the standard you have done) but reasonable all the same.

I haven't done any for 25 years but it will be Practice Practice Practice for a few weeks to get back into it..
    :rolleyes:

keep up the good work

9. Roland

Roland Premium

Essex
    Jaimie
    I like your Artwork Fahey,i can see you've got a great talent.I wonder if your like me that you love Art and being creative and so Tattooing is another media,a progression of your Art.I love that feeling when you get over the inital nerves you can then get lost in the peice and really go to town just like with a brush,paint and the like.

10. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Excellant Drawings

Hi

Just saw your drawings and like everybodyelse I think they're great. I draw almost every day for at least an hour as this is what I was advised to do. Unfortunatelt I'm not in your league yet, but am improving everyday. I have found a drawing class locally and hope to get a place on the course, it's only 2 hours twice a week and think it will help me a lot with the help from experienced artists. Regarding tattooing I am the same and take a few minutes to relax ino what I'm doing. I have done a few tatts on mates so far and they have came out well, but in each case I drew the tattos out first on pig skins and then started filling in with my taatoo machine, once I felt comfortable I started to fill in the actual tattoo which I had already stenciiled onto my friends (WITH A DIFFERENT TATTOO MACHINE I SHOULD ADD). This is quite time consuming, but for me it works ok and the guys in question were getting free tattoos so t hey didn't mind. I also try to practice drawing on peolple with a skin marker whenever I get the oppotunity, unfortunately I dont get many adult volunteers for this but kids think it's great fun and they let you colour them in aswell.
    Thanks to every body on the site the help and advice is really useful, and it's great when members share their pictures.

Thanks

Patrick

11. Pastelman

Pastelman Premium

Glasgow
    Alan
    Your artwork

Hi
    Really good stuff I like the portraits, are they pencil or charcoal ?

12. fahey1981

fahey1981 Premium

n ire
    shea thomas
    all pencil. shit pencils at that. keep meaning to invest in good art set.

13. Pastelman

Pastelman Premium

Glasgow
    Alan
    art work

You don't neec better pencils The talent you have you could get a masterpiece with crayons ha ha.

14. fahey1981

fahey1981 Premium

n ire
    shea thomas
    thanks very much for saying. makes me feel good. but sometimes when ya working with pencils that ya have to sharpen every two secs, it get frustrating lol. i love drawing, and feel like im getting there but still feel i can get even better with more time and effort

15. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Awesome work......:thumbsup: