Stealth LITE Rotary Tattoo Machine Gun

Discussion in 'Anything Else (Tattoo Related)' started by steveo9441, 3 Mar 2011.

1. steveo9441

steveo9441 Premium

Wigan
    Steve
    Just ordered the new Stealth Lite Rotary Tattoo Machine from the Tattoo Shop costing me £70.00, I got it cheaper bidding on ebay. It weighs 3oz and delivers a 7,000 rpm and is soundless. My wife has a Hybrid Rotary and I prefer to the conventional machine as takes little setting up.
    Has anyone any thoughts on this new machine ?

Steve :1

2. toetoe62

toetoe62 Donator Premium

rotary machine

I like the idea of it not making much noise, and I have always wanted to try one but I like the idea of setting my own machine to how I like it and also with a conventional machine the springs act as a buffer and so it is not so easy to harm the skin as it is with a rotary, I think I will have one soon but at this early stage I will stick with my Mickey bees to learn all about them first, £70 is a good price, well done.

Regards
    Tony

3. steveo9441

steveo9441 Premium

Wigan
    Steve
    Thanks Tony I will let you know how I get on with :)

4. gazza

gazza Regular Member

uk
    gary shaw
    one of my co worker has one nice machine. ther is a machine called rotary works
    great machine local guy makes them if you have a chance to try this and the price
    is good.

5. tattytone

tattytone Premium

sunny essex
    Tony
    Hi Steve,
    I have the origanal stealth, metal version, i went for this one as its built better, i read that the lites dont last long due to being plastic, but thats just what i read online, i like mine as its easy to set up. Let us know how you get on with it.

Tone

6. Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink Titan-Ink Premium

Wales
    Steve Morris
    I got 2 stealths, i prefer these over the traditional machines due to their ease of use, lack of vibration and to top it all if you have to do intricate lines the stealth will be able to deliver better results. No more tweaking springs!!

7. Titan-Ink

Wales
    Steve Morris
    Did you phone the shop to get it at £70? i am after another one

Cheers

Steve

8. steveo9441

steveo9441 Premium

Wigan
    Steve
  9. Titan-Ink

Wales
    Steve Morris
    Thanks, Did you phone them and ask for a discount? I have just tried to order one and with the vat its £95.00!!

Steve

10. marked 4 life

marked 4 life Donator Premium

Male
    Staffordshire
    Andy
    Are the stealths really any good, was tempted to buy a cheap copy to try but probably not the same, how do they compare to a coil for lining?

11. fergalfitzp

fergalfitzp Premium

Fergal Fitzpatrick
    I recently purchased a stealth a I love it! It is much lighter then my coil and I use disposable tips [and needles obviously] which makes it lighter again! Although, I am only a beginner I felt more in control using the stealth, more of a natural feel due to the weight. It is also much quieter too so my wife likes it all the more ; )
    Below image was done with a stealth [my 3rd try on human skin].

http://www.helpmetattoo.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1849&d=1310070068

I way prefer rotarys to coils [although coils look waaaay cooler!]

Cheers

FF

12. tattytone

tattytone Premium

sunny essex
    Tony
    i dont like the tattoo shop with there VAT, wish they would just show the full price, bloody pain when i placed an order and then got hit with the vat.

Stealths are really good, i am happy with mine, but dont think i would get the lite version as i read its not as tough as origanal

13. steveo9441

steveo9441 Premium

Wigan
    Steve

Yeap I am afraid I agree with you on that one !

I have already had to replace the locking screw on it as it crossed threaded due to cheap aluminium casting, plus the plastic frame is not rigid enough.

I have found my partners old Rotary Hybrid far better to use, less noisy a bit more weight on it and above all a more superior machine.