Tattoo Machine Cost (Damascus)

Discussion in 'General Chat & Advice' started by inked69er, 5 Jun 2009.

1. inked69er

inked69er Premium

Can some1 tell me what it is that makes the named machines so expencive what is it they do to them different thx

2. Deziner

Deziner The Bitch! Premium

Norwich - UK
    Claire
    I would imagine its just better quality components etc. If you buy a cheap Ebay set, the machines that you get are very small, and very basic. Most of the time when they get hot etc, they start to get a bit inconsistant and sticky. Quality machines dont have this problem and will run all day with no problems.

3. inked69er

inked69er Premium

thx

yep thats what my machines do well 2 of them witch i got with a kit an the one i bought seperate for £60 is now starting to do the same iam guna order the t dail off micky sharpz website now i think.what machine do you :D an witch would you say was the most reliable of the machines thx

4. 116doughboy

116doughboy Premium

cheap achines

hi folks, i bought a second hand kit that had the cheap stuff in it and a few additions ie 2 decent machines a decent foot switch, you could definetly feel the difference between the machines but after downloading the machine tuning and building from the course i stripped down a couple of the cheapies and rebuilt them, i now prefer the cheap rebuild to the expensive ones as its smoother and lighter so it doesnt get heavier and clumsy on those big tattoos,

5. machinemeister

machinemeister Regular Member

spunky mcclean
    1 time spent making a machine yup the builder wants payng for his time
    2 materials involved in making the machine damascus and mokume gane etc are so expensive to buy
    3 lifetime warrenties come into play
    4 experiance from someone who knows what they are doing to make the machine run how it needs to

6. Hi hori with your user name ect are you or better do you build machines....cheers steve.:thumbup:

7. machinemeister

machinemeister Regular Member

spunky mcclean
    ive built a couple lol