Tattoo Storage Case

Discussion in 'Anything Else (Tattoo Related)' started by MrSpoon, 27 Feb 2011.

1. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    just wondered what you guys are using to store all your items? i was using a big plastic box with a lid and the small box which my china kit came with but often found it such a pain in the rear end unpacking it all and seting up etc so i remembered my fathers uncle had a wooden toolmakers cabinet that has been buried in the garage for a while, so i dug it out and now im using it to store all of my stuff tattoo related, needles, tips, machines, grips, inks, ink caps, grommets even the power supply etc etc

but anyway its the same as this one i've just found on ebay :kiss:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Neslein-Tool-..._Tools_Tool_Boxes_Storage&hash=item230d8daf18

flippin pricey or what! found another one here, same make etc for alot less!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-woode...970?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4cf5770eba

but anyway, what are you guys using? do you have everything laid out ready on a dedicated desk?

2. WilD

WilD Premium

UK
    Dawn
    Hi Darren,

I was thinking of buying one of those tool storage boxes from B&Q (plastic) - the ones with a lift out tray in top - and storage compartments underneath. I use them for my art stuff and find them great if you want to take anything out in car etc. Plus it helps me keep everything together - I'm terrible messy!

Last edited: 27 Feb 2011
  3. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    Tool chest i need

I have been using the Plastic storage boxes with drawels can't spell lol they seem to work fine for me .i have a travel tool case for an electrician that i use when i have to go to someones elses place to do a tat it works well also
    :clap:

4. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    i know the ones you mean i use them for my everyday work (plasterer) they are very good and a cheaper option too (especially on bank holidays, always have money off then) i think i would have gone for one myself if i didnt have this wooden one lying about doing nothing. i'll keep hold of my original case that came with the china kit as a "travel" case if i ever need to pop to someones house and do a tatt, but i cant see that happening for a long long time anyway.

do you have your gear laid out ready to use when you like or do you pack it all away again untill you need it again?

edward, theres cheap "egg foam" to line your tool box with on ebay or even cheaper plain flat foam if you want to stop your machines getting scratched rattling round in your tool case, i've bought a metal tool case on ebay as it was only a couple of quid, shall see when it arrives what sorta size it is, i may foam line it or i may just keep it for my other job, shall see tho as it didnt give any dimmensions on the listing, knowing my luck it'll be just enough for 1 machine a few needles and still have to put the power pack into a sepperate carry bag :/

5. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Equipmet Storage

I bought a pine chest of 5 drawers, which I keep everything in when I have to put it all away. This was part of the deal to keep my wife happy. Most of the time I leave it out on our dining room table because I it's too much hassle packing it away each time I use it. However this causes me grief from my Wife, (She Hates Tattoos) I have the aluminium case that the kit originally came in if I need to take it anywhere. I have loads more stuff now since buying spare pedals, power pack more ink etc so when I eventually get good enough to tattoo full time and get a studio I will get a snap-on type tool chest to keep it in. All the related stuff, kitchen roll, dettol, green soap, machine covers etc, etc I keep in a plastic storage box .

6. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    Our dining room is now a tattoo studio,i have a desk with cupboards to keep the main bulk of my gear in..top cupboard for my inks & fluids.I have 3 sets of plastic drawers to keep my needles & tubes in,also have chairs & portable massage table...bit to much to keep in a box.The case my first tat gear came in, gets used for my pens & pencils.

7. j3rz3y1

j3rz3y1 Premium

Benson, NC
    Frankie B
    machine storage

Well I have a drawer for evey thing ,machines needles an tubes inks all organized in the dinning area of the house . Here in kentucky we have a glass dinning table put a light under it makes it great for tracing lol . The dinning room is my studio here , in the mountains ive only been here about 4 months spent some time in the hospital but have done around 5 tats on other people an around 10 on family . All small tats tho have to get a pic of the small baby angle i just did as soon as i can get her to come back over here lol. word has to get around the mountains that i do tats befor Ill see some real business I hope this summer it pics up.:cool: Ed