Think I've Mashed My Leg Up? Ouch!

Discussion in 'General Chat & Advice' started by barcode1973, 11 Feb 2011.

1. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Thought i'd try and fill my wonky star cover up today. Got my "shader" and put a 7RS in it and started small circles and it was hurting like f@@k! after about half an hours pain switched to a 9RS but it was as bad.

Upon closer inspection my armeture bar was miles off centre and was slightly loose so I straightened it and carried on and it didnt seem as bad (although lots of pain from half i'd done)

I don't like my shader much. I did a biggish piece on my mate yesterday just using my "liner" and he never moaned once.

My questions are:- will the armeture bar being so out of line be the cause of leg mash?

Can I use my liner for filling/shading? and if not how do I get my "shader" back into alignment?

I will post a pic of the patchy nightmare very soon.

OWWWWWWWWWW MY LEG

2. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Here it is in all its patchy throbbing glory!

Attached Files:

3. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    aslong as the liner is turned down power wise and you work a little faster then it should be fine, alot of peoples shaders are setup very similar liners as its the thickness/giage of the springs that affect the setup not just the air gap, just trial and error i guess

4. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    what about the armeture bar being lob sided. ie. quite a bit to the left? Would that of made the needles go in wonky and hurt? Its hard to tell on piggy?

5. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    hmm well if its off deffinately not in line with the tube it will chatter and dance about at the tip quite a bit, on my china made tattoo machines the armature bar had to be moved slightly to the left or right in order for it to line up correctly with the needle tube. always line the armature bar up with the tubes not the magnets etc may mean you have to adjust your front spring so that is slightly lob sided, in which case.. its ok to practice with but i would seriously consider purchasing a new machine

6. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark

OUCH........I'm surprised you have any skin left......putting the arm bar back where it should be is easy......put a back stem in the machine,make sure it sticks right up so you can align the arm bar over the top of it ( centered ) then just tighten the screw on the spring deck. Hope this helps.;)

7. barcode1973

barcode1973 Premium

Liverpool
    Lee
    Yeah I straightened up for the lower half (don't know if you can notice) and its tigtened now. At least I discovered that small but at the same time incredibly large mistake at my own expense (pain wise)

These are things that you can't tell on pig skin and a pretty good reason to not rush into skin too quickly (like under a month) still its not hurting a fraction as much today and hasn't put me off.

Gonna try something on my wrist to see if that hurts today I think. Thanks for advice people.

8. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    hey bar,either buy a real cheap machine,or use an old one to practice pulling it to bits & re-building & tuning it......all part of the learning process......;)