What Machine Do I need!

Discussion in 'Machines, Equipment & Setup' started by Amyjane, 4 Jun 2009.

1. Amyjane

Amyjane Premium

Hi,

I'm just starting out, can any help or advise me on what machine I need to use? Is the 'Puma' machine the right one? Anyone... please help!

Thanks!

2. inked69er

inked69er Premium

help

i also would like advice on a good machine to buy i dont want 1 from china as i have 3 an there more truble then there worth in my eyes. i want to buy a well ballanced 1 an one thats not too expencive but not too cheep an one thats not guna brake every 2mins if any1 can help that would be grate.i would love some advice of one of the pros who run the site an what machines they run thx

3. ryan machine

Ryan the machine is as you want it to be.Ive bought machines of ebay also good spares for 8and 10 coil wraps,ive even fitted shims on the front coil so it purrrrrs.There is a tune and build your machine in the download section,its not all about twisting your contact srcew;the spares on e-bay are from the uk usa china,there not exspensive,preety cheap,i bought amature bars contact springs coils,then u can build one.Once you have done that you will know your machine,hope this helps mate....By the way some of them on e bay runn preety fast if so turn volts down..

4. Inkdeep

Inkdeep Regular Member

How fast Is to fast...I think they heat up quite quick but I don´t know anything about tuning?

5. You will find the spot when its smooth and crispy sound and dosent splutter try starting your machine on 7-7.5 volts then slowly turn it down till it stops then run it up till ya find that smooth none splutting sound or machines are different,so its up to you to find that spot listern when ure doing it tunning i mean ha and you sometimes can tell when its running sweet other than this down load the course,and u can thaen download how to build and tune your machine its good real good.............

6. Inkdeep

Inkdeep Regular Member

The dispay on my poversupply is busted a little but can you tune by listening???

7. Inkdeep

Inkdeep Regular Member

i meen the dispay

8. If you have been tattooing a while yes BUT DONT go over 10.vllts u will blow your machine.

9. Inkdeep

Inkdeep Regular Member

Grrrr*/*//** arrrgg the display!

10. Inkdeep

Inkdeep Regular Member

you meen break it? is that why it heats up?

11. machinemeister

machinemeister Regular Member

spunky mcclean

why cant you go over 10 volts?
    sharpz and pulse machines are known to run on higher voltage until you change things

12. Hi yes ive heard and read DONT go over 10vltsd as the machine blows may be wrong dont know its not happend to me as i tend not to go up there,As ive read other forums plus my own reading sometimes its to high for some machines....Hi always stay at 6.8 to 7.4 vlts..Pluse i dont build them just saying wat ive seen ect might be wrong soz if it is..