What Machines?

Discussion in 'Anything Else (Tattoo Related)' started by MrSpoon, 15 Jan 2011.

1. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    just wondered what tattoo machines everyone uses and what they like/dont like about them, if they recommend them etc? some photos of peoples stuff would be cool

2. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    my shader

[​IMG] this is my shader,paid 60 quid for it,second hand....its got an adjustable spring shelf,can be set up for anything,but puts in colour great.

3. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    looks very nice, i never knew you could even adjust the rear spring shelf untill i watched a video earlier for setting up a time machine by danny fowler on youtube.

any idea who its made by and the name of the machine?

4. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    literally owned all these about 8 days or so, so i dont know the machines that well at all as i've gone from proper ebay garbage that ran like forest gump in braces to machines that buzz nice and smoothly :p
    micky sharpz.jpg Gflew 1.jpg Gflew 2.jpg

the micky sharpz machines run really hard and fast and need about 10volts to get going, i've read a fair few comments about changing the spring tensions to make them run nice at about 6-7 volts but apparantly this is normal for these machines so i will get some new springs and see what happens when i get round to it.

the other 2 i got 2nd hand off ebay, both are made by glyn flew and they sound so nice when they run, run about 6.5 for the liner and about 6 maybe less for the shader (off the top of my head) shader sounds really nice and smooth at a low speed (95 CPS) think my micky sharpz shader is more like 120cps maybe a bit more, tried tuning it similar to the other shader and it just runs totally different, tho i got 4 machines to have them setup differently anyway :cool:

do you guys use 2 machines, 1 for liner 1 for shader or are you using multiple ones?

5. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
    i swear this websites bad for me, i got looking round ebay for glyn flew machines and i've just purchased another one as i really like my other 2.
    glyn flew 3.jpg
    thats me done now tho i had a money pot set specifically for splashing out on better equipment so im glad i took the plunge and got what i wanted.
    just hope more people reply with what machines they use so others can take on board what people recommend and what kinda stuff to watch out for

6. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
    haven't a clue mate,never seen one like this.........i have eight machines at the mo,four shaders & four liners,mostly cheaper machines....gonna start saving the pennies to get a pair of mickey sharpz machines.

7. MrSpoon

MrSpoon Premium

Derby
    Darren
  8. skinpix

skinpix Premium

uk
    Mark
  9. simon1983

simon1983 Premium

Derby
    Simon
    Hi mate,
    I know it's quite a while since you put this thread up but i'm new to this so just thought id put a reply up.:icon_lol:
    I've ordered this machine off ebay as the ones i got in my kit arent to good. someone has recommended it to me so hopefully it'll be ok. i'll let everone know how i get on with it once it arrives.:icon_biggrin:

New tattoo machine.jpg
    si

10. hi m8, i use gmachines!! they are all hand made, and made to your spec. plus really nice guy to deal with!! my profile pic is my liner from gmachines!! i also have some hoodlum machines (shaders) as well and like them too! if anyone wants any info on them i will be glad to supply it... :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

11. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Somerset
    Patrick
    Hi All

I have recenly bought a shader and liner from Glyn Flew, his machines are very good and much cheaper than the more famous brands. He has machines for sale on Ebay occasionally, but usually they are gone very quickly. I emailed him through ebay and ordered them and he built them and sent them out within a week. I have also recently bought some machines from Supertatz who was selling them on this site. Even the 2 for £20 are ok. And the £20 each models are better than most machines which cost £80 each. Keep an eye open for these as you really don;t have to spend a fortune to get a good machine.

12. khosmy

khosmy Premium

Marinha Grande
    Edgar Valerio
    Personally, i already have 2 machines from Glyn Flew ordered, liner and shader, will probably only get them on the start of next month, so can't really say much yet, but i have only heard great stuff about his machines so far.