Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

1st attemp at watercolor

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
This isnt a true water color tattoo just has the elements in the background. Let me know what you think. Took me about 2.5 hrs. I used a 7RL, 9RS & a 11CMG. Its on the back side of a girls forearm. I used my Xion and a EdgeX.

Attachments

TexasPT

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
I like the darker colors in the piece. That is one of things I was coached on with my last watercolor and you nailed it. Lines are clean...saturation is awesome. I was going through older pictures in your Media...you've really come a long way!

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
Thanks @fylfot & @TexasPT !

Mark, I think its all about researching what you are doing and practice, practice, practice. Lining was always my biggest fear, but now I think it is up to par most of the time. This site is a large part of progression I think with anyone who tries it out. In math terms 2 Negatives = a POSITIVE. And when I joined I got my fair share of negatives, LOL. Everyone keep up the learning !!!

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Looking good Jerry! If anything I would have wanted the watercolours edges more "watery" in some places.

And if I shall be picky I don't think the mantel of the boy, and the watercolours around, match each other. That doesn't mean they have to be same colours of course, they can match in many other ways.

A third thing is the motif looks a little hysterical - but that's more a matter of opinion, the girl who will be wearing it may love it this way, and that's what matters.

As said, picky comment, I do think it looks really nice overall, and the tattoo performance seems great to me! :giggle:(y)

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
@MalligaMallan I agree, the watercolors are not watery enough to me either. I think if I ever do another WC tattoo I will be attentive to the water look. To me it looks like a crazy Camo design more than it should. The picture she gave me was what I did. It was not my motif as you say but to say the least, she really loves the tattoo. So I was happy with that.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
The customer gets what the customer wants, and you definitely did it good enough (y) I think water colour effect must be one of the harder effects to achieve. You shall make the tattooing technique look like water colour technique, and yet they are so far away from each other.

Goldwingdaz

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Daz
you may be surprised at that water colour effect in a couple of years of wearing, it will improve with age. nice work over all.

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
Not bad! I’ve found that if you use a liner to create puddles splats and drips it looks much nicer. This is my 2nd try at water colour.
Thanks for the tip, that's what this forum is all about.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Not bad! I’ve found that if you use a liner to create puddles splats and drips it looks much nicer. This is my 2nd try at water colour.
Looks great! That's exactly what I believe should be the goal when attempting on doing a watercolour tattoo.