2nd Pig Attempt

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Hi guys, took a wee step back after my first attempt and had a read through the manual/looked at vids etc.
Got a couple of questions if that's OK:)I sat for a couple of hours yesterday with one of my machines taking it apart, putting it together, tuning it and had it running crsiply at 9 volts but after about half an hour of tatting on pig it starts to slow down and then just stops (it did this on my first pig attempt as well). It runs again with a little flick but just stops again.
The kit I bought was 2nd hand from ebay (thinking used equipment from a tattooist might be better than new Chinese).
I am going to swap parts around with my other machine today but other any advice would be grateful.
Sorry for rattling on a bit :)

Awww, I was going to upload the picture but read that bit up the top.
I will put it up in a couple of days then :D
Thanks.

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi there could be a number of things causing this-

there could be a carbon build up between the contact screw and front spring(just give it a clean with some tissue.

a poor quality power supply

poor quality machines /coils and maybe a few other factors but try just cleaning the tip of the contact screw and the tip of the front spring were contact is made and see how that goes :thumbsup:

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
or if you have a power supply you can adjust the amps aswell as the volts try tweaking up your amps just a little bit :thumbsup:

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Thanks James:thumbsup: Contact screw looked a bit worn so I have swapped it out from other machine and will give that a bash later.
So my next question is about this wee dragon, I gave it a wipe when I was finished with soapy water which pulled most of the black ink out, gutted I was:cry:. Have I not gone deep enough? I set the depth to 2mm. Or should I just not use hot soapy water?
P110327_194727.jpg P110327_224022.jpg
I somehow managed to upload 'batman and friends' as well and can't figure out how to edit it back out of this post so here it stays :D

Attachments

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
try slowing your hand speed down to get the nice smooth lines ;) and try to get a good stretch on the skin also :thumbsup:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Hi Graeme, try everything the others have said but also make sure that the lock nut is really tight on your contact screw, sometimes with the vibrations the screw can loosen, and alter your settings.

regards
Tony