5 Day Tattoo Course

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I have been ready to tattoo people now for some time but I have always thought, wouldnââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t it be nice if I could have a professional sitting next to me for the first few days, just until I find my feet, about 3 month ago I saw a tattoo course on ebay , it was *£650 for a 5 day course but what was different with this course than all of the other courses advertised is that they get volunteers for you to tattoo, and you will be doing at least 3 tattoos a day, so Iââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢ve been saving up and have now booked a course starting on the 13 of June, I will keep you up to date as I go along, also with it being in Worksop it will cost *£28 a day on the train and so for *£15 a night they offer b an b so it is cheaper for me to stay there for the week, it all sounds good to me and Iââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢m really looking forward to it.

Remove Ads

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
it does sound to good, i really hope its all you exspect, just be carefull as there is so many scams about, not saying this one is, but its always best to do your homework prior to giving over any money.

It would be nice if a vetran tattooist said pay me a fee and they will teach you how to get started and sit and watch them tattoo a fee times and maybe tattoo your self under there care eye and be shown the do's and dont's etc.

plus that way you get one on one.

just an idea :icon_lol:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I agree but I have only paid a *£50 deposit up to yet I will pay the rest when I get there, the thing that appeals most is the hands on tattooing, if you look at some of the other courses they want up to *£2.500 and you only tattoo practise skin, like I said I will let you know how I'm getting on as I go through the course, I suppose someone has to go first.

regards
Tony

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Hi Tony
There are a few courses out there and a lot are un-regulated about the training you will receive.

As a director of a construction college we are approved by City & Guilds, NOCN, BlueFlame certification, Logic certification to name just a few. We see a lot of courses on the internet that are not worth a light for example Gas training courses, the HSE & The Gas Safe Register say you must undertake a MANAGED Training Program (150 hours training), these courses vary from *£2500 - *£7000 so its always best to shop around but with a managed training program you will get a industry recognised certificate. However there are people doing NON MANAGED Training Programs from *£1000-*£3000 and you get a nice non accredited certificate from them which is worthless as it will not allow you to progress and you have just thrown away your hard earned cash.

We have now launched a further arm to the training business which covers Piercing, Beauty therapy and TATTOOING.

This course has been designed by our experienced tattooist who holds teaching qualifications. The course was then submitted to one of our awarding bodies who then reviewed the course and passed it to a Level 2 award (NVQ equivalent)

What this means is that the units within the course for example Health & Safety are industry recognised (with the tattooing industry been the Local Health authorities) It will also show you have built a portfolio of work up to cover all tattooing techniques. It wall also make sure that there is continuity in your training as all your worked will be assessed by an independent assessor and not by the trainer as he would have a conflict of interest in passing you. In simple terms there is a standard that everyone has to meet if you donââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t meet it you fail, but at least you know you have not met the grade rather than just getting a certificate and saying you have passed and feeding you false hopes.

The price you are paying seems very cheap I would certainly ask the following what certificate you will receive? Is it accredited? Will your work be assessed by an independent assessor? Does he have professional indemnity insurance for training?

Sorry for going and on and I hope I havenââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t offended you and you enjoy the course, I just want to see people get what they pay for, you work hard for your money. If I can help in anyway please feel free to contact me.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Thanks for the reply but as far as I am aware there is no recognised certificate for tattooing, the certificates are for the health and safety aspect of the course, for me the truth is I had cancer 18 month ago and since then I don,t seem to have any confidence, ( the illness was my own fault I used to smoke and drink) with this course i'm about to go on having a different approach than the other courses and one to one tuition, I was hoping it would help me to get over my confidence problem, I personally wish there was a college course that you could go on with certificates at the end of it, i would be on it in a flash.

regards
Tony

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Thanks for the reply but as far as I am aware there is no recognised certificate for tattooing, the certificates are for the health and safety aspect of the course, for me the truth is I had cancer 18 month ago and since then I don,t seem to have any confidence, ( the illness was my own fault I used to smoke and drink) with this course i'm about to go on having a different approach than the other courses and one to one tuition, I was hoping it would help me to get over my confidence problem, I personally wish there was a college course that you could go on with certificates at the end of it, i would be on it in a flash.

regards
Tony
Hi Tony just sent you an email