A Question About Ink Cups

insolitude

Premium
First Name
peter
Hi!

I was wondering, when you order ink caps they come in a plastic bag with 100 - 1000 pieces.
Are they ready to use or do you need to have them sterilized and if so how do you sterilize plastic ink cups?

Supertatz

Tattoo Equipment Supplier
Basic
First Name
Sarah
I think if we started to get carried away with the sterilization of absolutely everything, it would be impossible to implement. How far can we go?
What about the kitchen towel that actually wiped over the open wound?

That is just one example. Maybe your only solution would be to rinse them with a mild disinfectant or alcohol before use.
Just my opinion, but i gues its the same from most users.:icon_confused:

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
Hi!

I was wondering, when you order ink caps they come in a plastic bag with 100 - 1000 pieces.
Are they ready to use or do you need to have them sterilized and if so how do you sterilize plastic ink cups?

Personaly i use them straight out the bag.
Is a good point though, as apart from the needles they are the most direct link to the persons blood

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
alkahol rince is fine most users take them strait from the bag :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: Ed :icon_cool:

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Must admit I use straight from the bag. I was told that the 2 most serious cases of mal practice ever recorded for tattooing however were a result of re-use of ink caps (according to Health officer in Durham)! always dispose after use - never ever use for another person.