Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Advice on numbing cream

Bobsy17

First Name
Bobbi-lea
Hi there.
I’m looking into getting a tattoo on my arm. I find the pain very uncomfortable so I was wondering if anybody has used numbing cream before and how it worked for them?

Remove Ads Close

TexasPT

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
I've used vasocaine spray on clients and had some success with it. thing is, skin has to be broken before it works. So it's great for that last 30 minutes or so...

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
Instagram
@dzikichrzan
check Oliver Ayre on YT, he was doing some video about one if I well remember.

marked 4 life

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Andy
Numbing cream to pre numb the area It is widely used in the UK although not recommended by our environmental health who issue our shop licenses, some pharmacists will not sell it to you if you mention it is for a tattoo.

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
I did the same tattoo on a mother and her daughter, the daughter used numbing cream, the ink took longer to pack into the daughters skin and after healing the daughters tattoo wasn't as bright, could've been down to skin type or it could've been down to the numbing cream.

troub1edsou1z

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Tom
I did the same tattoo on a mother and her daughter, the daughter used numbing cream, the ink took longer to pack into the daughters skin and after healing the daughters tattoo wasn't as bright, could've been down to skin type or it could've been down to the numbing cream.
I'd agree with it being the numbing cream. I had a client use Hush numbing cream for a rib piece. The directions said to lather this stuff on and wrap with plastic wrap about an hour before the tattoo. Now he said it worked great, however for me it was a nightmare. What i've have found and noticed is that numbing creams/sprays have a tendency to contract the skin or tighten it up and makes it very difficult to get proper penetration....Now when the guy came back for the second sitting I advised him to not use anything, and it was night and day for getting the ink in there. If anything I'd say vasocane or bactine but like TexasPT said it's really only somewhat affective after the skin has been broken, and I would recommend only using it if absolutely needed to get that last 30 mins to hour done. With bactine I've found that pretty much any more then 2 applications and the skin starts to tighten up and fights you.....

Geobella4

Premium
First Name
Charlotte
Ah ok no worries
You can always try this ..tktx..
..I personally have never used any sort of numbing creams..
(But someone I know has used it on his neck ..[as he’s had his fare share of pain lol].. but said it only lasted a few hours..(so had to get through the rest of his session with out it)...(and the tattooist Oliver Ayre) has used it on himself when he gets tattooed..hope this helps.

1568279183286.jpeg

Last edited:

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
i guess numbing cream is good, as it allows wimps (Ben :ROFLMAO: ) to get tattoos, and allows the tattooer to work without whining and jumping and moaning from a client, but i think has taken away the earn value of a tattoo.

Dazza

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Daryl
I recently brought some vasocaine,the don’t sell it in Australia so I ordered it from the US ,I wasn’t sure if it would make it through customs but it did ,apparently it’s really good but I’m yet to try it