Advice with Traditional!

TatzGrabber

Premium
First Name
Oskar
Instagram
tatzgrabber
Hello!
Here is my first post on this site. I have been looking around and trying to learn it a bit...

Anyways, I started practicing on fake skin and a little bit on my self a while ago and I'm drawing as much as I possibly can. I have found that I'm really stuck in the world of traditional tattooing.
Now I'm looking for all kinds of tips and tricks for TRADITIONAL/OLDSCHOOL tattooing.
Anything that could help me with drawing, tattooing, needles, shapes inspiration and so on...

Tell me everything that you can and post pictures if you have any

Best regards Oskar!

Fishmike

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Mikael
if your into traditional/ oldschool stuff perhaps you would like watercoloring and spitshading techniques you can get very cool effects that way,

there is tons of information and inspiration out there in youtube etc.

good luck!

troub1edsou1z

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Tom
Really the best way to approach it is by studing the do's and don'ts of Traditional style tattooing. Which for the most part is bold lines, limited color pallate, (usually 2 or 3 colors at the most), absolutely NO white what so ever....

TatzGrabber

Premium
First Name
Oskar
Instagram
tatzgrabber
Really the best way to approach it is by studing the do's and don'ts of Traditional style tattooing. Which for the most part is bold lines, limited color pallate, (usually 2 or 3 colors at the most), absolutely NO white what so ever....
Yeah exactly, that's the part I know and are trying to master...

Thank you for your answer :)

TatzGrabber

Premium
First Name
Oskar
Instagram
tatzgrabber
if your into traditional/ oldschool stuff perhaps you would like watercoloring and spitshading techniques you can get very cool effects that way,

there is tons of information and inspiration out there in youtube etc.

good luck!
I have had thoughts about trying out watercolors for a while but never gotten started with it.

I feel like I'm having a hard time finding more specific videos about traditional style on YouTube.

Thank you for your answer:)