Advise for Lightning the Flower

View attachment 2328

People tell me how can i light the flower???i dont like it its too dark..

a.Insert white colour in the flower?

b.Insert purple colour again but this time more bright purple? or this will make the flower more dark??

000_0015.JPG

flashhighland

Premium
First Name
Steve
Hmmm... going from light to dark is one thing, nice and easy, going from dark to light my be asking a bit much.
I'd be interested myself if anyone has any experience of this, but i'd of thought myself it can't be done. Putting white in.. I can't see working and it may just go a dirty looking white. :icon_confused:

lordbaalnox

Premium
First Name
Lee
Not sure about how this could be achieved I can only give my experience based on art on canvas for example, on a water-colour painting its very hard to lighten an area that is already dark, in skin this would be even harder as there is no way to wash out the pigment underneath.

Has the picture been taken just after the tattoo was done? If so it will lighten a little once healed.

Washing white through would surely only make mud, dull the colours ect

Personally I quite like the tattoo, putting more purple over it would darken in more as the tonal values are quite limited in this piece

skinpix

Premium
First Name
Mark
Firstly,let it completely heal,then if you want to add white highlights,use a good quality white,such as Eternal.

Firstly,let it completely heal,then if you want to add white highlights,use a good quality white,such as Eternal.

My white is eternal :icon_wink:
where do you think must put the white? like lines in the leaves?

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Maybe a few white lines or dots will help, load the image into photoshop and add ur white and see what looks best for it.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Is it healed yet? Scabbed? peeling?

There really is no way to make a color lighter, but might could add some white hi-lites to it.

lordbaalnox

Premium
First Name
Lee
as rob said i'd leave it alone, its great as it is mate

ive touched up paintings before months down the line after completion then then wished I hadnt

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Looks ok m8, but as i said, use photoshop to test things out, its really good, u can see what works best before u ink it, but only change it if customer want it.

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
or just a tad of white, hope ya dont mind i did this to ur tat just to see what it looked like, (she didnt feel a thing lol )

cs5.jpg

or just a tad of white, hope ya dont mind i did this to ur tat just to see what it looked like, (she didnt feel a thing lol )

View attachment 2583

Nice !!! its like is moving a little! thanks for your time! i think i will leave it alone because the customer like it thats the way it is.. thanks !!!! :icon_smile: