Am I tripping because I think this linework is good, like very good.

soulstare22

Premium
20 Jan 2019
china
First Name
Tim
https://www.instagram.com/lilcatinkportfolio/
Everyone is shitting on the linework of this piece. Kinda expected from reddit. Do you guys agree?

Personally I think this guys linework is way above average like 95th percentile. Plus I've tattooed this client, I know she's a screamer.
It's alittle (like ever so slightly) wobbly but find me a tattooist who pulls lines this long that are straighter.

imo this is as good as it gets, until they invent a tattoo printer

https://www.reddit.com/r/tattoos/comments/mec7ns

JAY.B

Premium
8 Jun 2020
UK
First Name
JAY
looks good to me. Honestly fuck Reddit it’s the biggest sheep website I’ve ever been on. People will literally be shitting on it because other people are and it gets them internet points. Post it again but award it gold and watch everyone fall over themselves complimenting it

gadsden1776

Premium
8 Oct 2011
First Name
n
i can't say top 95% or not if this is what i'm looking at knowing about the client from you & apparently she takes meds(?). depending on how much wiggle she had - these could be better than 95% or could be an excuse for not doing better lines.

if i knew nothing about it i would say it's decent... but not great. it is wobbly, it is inconsistent in "weight". there are couple spots (like the right side near the tip) where there are rather major deviations from straight. but it could for sure be worse. & i don't know if my sword on that piece would look any better.

i like the line weight... really does it's job separating elements & giving the sword some strength.

is there other work that has a better sitter as a client?

Dzikichrzan

Premium
5 Sep 2018
Tunbridge Wells
First Name
Jakub
@dzikichrzan
I will say IT looks very good to me but yes I can see wobbles and some issues near the handle (the triangle) flowers are just amazing btw.

Cyberthrasher

Premium
23 Sep 2019
California
First Name
Allen
the foliage looks great. But that sword is not straight. It's fine, and once again, shit happens and we can't control every situation. But we can control where we set the bar. Honestly I'd be most upset about the lopsided distances on the point if I had done that one.

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
17 Dec 2014
Media
Stockholm
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
just one line? do a few of them parallel and with an rl5, like the dagger in my op 🤣

I don't get why doing a less good line in one "stroke" is better than doing a good line in whatever technique you need - as long as you don't destroy the skin - to make it look good. You're not the only one with that opinion.

The flowers in the dagger motif looks wonderful, the dagger not so wonderful. But yes, the lines probably are made in one long line.

Remove Ads

Dzikichrzan

Premium
5 Sep 2018
Tunbridge Wells
First Name
Jakub
@dzikichrzan
well we all see differences in these 2 tattoos ;) this was just to give an idea that its possible to do long line perfect - regardless if its two parallel ones or not or if its one pass or not that doesnt matter if final effect is amazing lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.