Angel Tattoo

Edwards

Premium
First Name
Domonic
Hi I did this angel tattoo on my friend. Any feedback please would be appreciated. IMG0072A.jpg

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Ok..........Ill give it go here.

Be careful on those start and stop points in your line work. I can see dots everywhere you stopped. Im not sure why you didnt complete the line, maybe it was a style you were after? If so you have to pull up you cant just stop. Shading is not too bad, you need to remember you have darks, mids, and light tones, this consists primarily of the same contrast as far as I can see, which is alot of Mid tones. You went a bit further with the wings, but left her out there hanging. I would have liked to have seen a bit more detail in the hair as well, not alot but just a bit more would have been good. I know those are boots sitting there because I looked REALLY hard, I shouldnt have to do that, I should be able to immediately see them and they should be recognizable. I would definately darken those up and highlight accordingly. Im not sure if that is a gun next to the boots..possible just foliage?
Overall..Id give it a "C". If you did just a bit more work on this when it healed and brought out some of the darks and Highlights, youd be right on track!

NOW.........I could have blown smoke up your ass and said it was great keep on going but that wouldnt have accomplished a thing. I hope you understand I was trying to be constructive not bashing your work.

Edwards

Premium
First Name
Domonic
Yeah i see some of your points. I'm in my first year. I'll show you a few more if you don't mind.

IMAG0055.jpg IMAG0060.jpg IMG00040-20110801-1925.jpg SDC10801.jpg

stealth

Premium
First Name
rob
Regarding the angel i agree with Viper, the outline lines should have been finished & perhaps a few discreet white lines to pull the tattoo out might work. Don't misunderstand me mate i do like the tattoo just don't think it's completed yet (just my opinion) As for the other tattoos like them a lot good work ! :icon_cool: